Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
harda toenail

Drives: Want a yaris
Toyota extended platinum warranty questions

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had experience with an extended platinum warranty. My car has 87k on it and the warranty is untill 2014 or 100k miles.

My airbag light is on and I think my water pump is going. (splash on underside of hood.)

I bought the car used in Kansas, I'm in MO. The warranty could be transferred once and I am the second owner. I transfered and got my own booklet so hopefully there will be no problems.

Anyone know if there are issues I should watch out for with the dealer/warranty? Also, how does the rental coverage work? I've read my booklet but am still cloudy about it.
Thanks
harda toenail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
harda toenail

Drives: Want a yaris
Well I'll post the experience.

My local Toyota dealer employees were really nice. They had no problem with the warranty and said it should cover nearly everything.

After about 30 mins, the service rep came in and told me the water pump un-seals and re-seals if dirt or something gets in so it can push that out. She said it probably leaked because of that or because I put too much fluid in it. I told her I only put fluid in it when it got so low I couldn't see it in the overflow tank. She said she would have them lift it up and check it out.

20 mins after that she came back in and said they need to replace the water pump and the spring coil behind the steering wheel. She said warranty would cover everything but a new serpentine belt because mine was cracked. She claimed $34 plus tax and NO labor because they had to take the belt off for the water pump anyways.

She then offered to give me a ride home as it would be a few hours. They drove me home in a scion xB and I'm now waiting for a call to let me know it's done.

Experience has been very positive so far and the extended platinum warranty is awesome!
harda toenail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Good for you!
I'm noticing a pattern......
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote