Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #19
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Cheap and quality don't belong in the same sentence that deals with paint jobs. You're better off doing a rattle can job. All the cheap stuff will start flaking/peeling/cracking on you (I think it's because those cheap places do a poor job in prepping the car for paint).
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:50 AM   #20
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pur_Blu View Post
ha ha a spring compressor is for the noob. just bring a box or something. i've lowered my car with cell phone light.
Spring compressors just make it easier. lol. I've installed stock springs and lowering springs on an 8th Civic before without spring compressors. lol.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #21
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma71-51o View Post
haha im 100% stock, but ill see
You're not stock, you got them TOM'S rims.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:30 AM   #22
Kiteless

Drives: US 2007 Yaris Liftback 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
Its Sunday night, how can you be busy?!! haha.
Seriously, drop by, stock or not...it does not matter.

Just ask Kiteless.....its all about chatting it up with one another.
We're a friendly bunch :)

PMs sent to other members in the area.
Yeah I was really nervous to hang out with "the tuner crowd" but I dunno Yaris owners are just super cool and fun. Was a different story when I had my Civic SI like 9 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pur_Blu View Post
i can't wait... i gotta stop spending money though. Jason if u got shocks and springs that will make the install x10times easier PnP really. swapping out springs takes a lil time but can be done. Harbor frieght has alum race jacks that weigh in around 45lbs. I go one at my house that tips the scales at about 70-80lbs.

STOCK, MODDED, RACING OR NOT RACING EVERYONE SHOULD GO FROM THE BAY AREA
Thanks man, I am hoping to have EVERYTHING for the meet, and then get an alignment done the following Monday, I won't shred my brand new tires in like a couple days after installing NF210's?

Should I bring some jacks and a floor jack?

Also just scrubbed the inside of my car, all the plastic pretty good. Amazing that a difference it made. Just some soap and water. She is gonna get a good vacuums and a wash the day of the meet.

I also PM'ed a friend of a friend of mine up in Roseville and invited him to come down to the meet.

- Jason

Kiteless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #23
Kiteless

Anybody want me to bring a cooler filled with Soda? I can bring like 4x 6 packs or something. Normally I would load it up with Mountain Dew but I will be up all night of I do that. I can bring some Caffeine Free stuff and just some Coke or something.

Also if any electricity is needed I have this big 600W portable battery thing. Should I bring it? Good for high power electric power tools, lights, fans, radio's, what ever.

- Jason

Old 08-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #24
Kaotic Lazagna

Jason, I didn't get an alignment for a year or two after installing my lowering springs. lol. Never had any abnormal wear on the tires, but then again, I could have just got lucky. The car always drove straight, steering was straight...up until they started repaving I-80...which threw off my alignment.

Anywho, yes, please bring a jack and two stands, two jacks if you can. lol.

Oh, and no, a few days isn't going to tear up your tires unless your alignment is unbelievably off (like when I lowered my GTI, and I had to turn the steering wheel a 1/4 turn to the left to drive straight).
Old 08-16-2011, 01:38 AM   #25
Kaotic Lazagna

lol, if you want to bring that battery thing, go for it, but I don't think anyone has anything electrical that needs to be plugged in. Sodas would be nice. Should we bring snacks (i.e. chips, cookies, etc)? lol. I don't know how expensive food (if there is any) is at Malibu.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:47 AM   #26
Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
lol, if you want to bring that battery thing, go for it, but I don't think anyone has anything electrical that needs to be plugged in. Sodas would be nice. Should we bring snacks (i.e. chips, cookies, etc)? lol. I don't know how expensive food (if there is any) is at Malibu.
Thanks man. I will ask my roomie if I can borrow a jack and a couple stands. I am super excited to get those struts/springs installed, but I have not worked out a final price from the person selling them yet. Hopefully know for sure tonight.

I will leave the battery behind. Its heavy.

May also want to bring a couple trash bags for recycling and trash (hugs a tree).

Quote:
Jason, I didn't get an alignment for a year or two after installing my lowering springs. lol. Never had any abnormal wear on the tires, but then again, I could have just got lucky. The car always drove straight, steering was straight...up until they started repaving I-80...which threw off my alignment.

Anywho, yes, please bring a jack and two stands, two jacks if you can. lol.

Oh, and no, a few days isn't going to tear up your tires unless your alignment is unbelievably off (like when I lowered my GTI, and I had to turn the steering wheel a 1/4 turn to the left to drive straight).
Hmm sounds like I might be able to put it off for a month at least. The Alignment on my 5 year old Yaris has never been adjusted and it is still dead on perfect as far as I can tell.

- Jason

Old 08-16-2011, 02:22 AM   #27
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteless View Post
Thanks man. I will ask my roomie if I can borrow a jack and a couple stands. I am super excited to get those struts/springs installed, but I have not worked out a final price from the person selling them yet. Hopefully know for sure tonight.

I will leave the battery behind. Its heavy.

May also want to bring a couple trash bags for recycling and trash (hugs a tree).

Hmm sounds like I might be able to put it off for a month at least. The Alignment on my 5 year old Yaris has never been adjusted and it is still dead on perfect as far as I can tell.

- Jason

hahaha, yeah, but once you lower it, you'll have to change your driving style a bit. If you don't already, you'll have to avoid all pot holes and imperfections on the freeways if possible. Otherwise, like what happened to me, your alignment will get messed up. However, you can go to Firestone and get their lifetime warranty. It's $180, but you can get your alignment done four times a year for life. lol.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:11 AM   #28
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
+1 for Firestone alignment. Only thing is they don't do custom alignments..least not the one I went to, but least u have the numbers to dial it in the way u like.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #29
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
With the nf springs, you can go up inclines and stuff normally but i do suggest avoiding potholes of any size and major cracks on roads.

@dumb - we will still be there past 8p. So come by!

Also, anyone know if 2007TRD is coming?? Since Sean confirmed his status....he is the only other person on list.

@ Kiteless - soap and water for inside pieces? I have to see this. I always thought the cheap dash would get scratched easily. :-/
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #30
Kaotic Lazagna

I'll be late. I forgot that's the day we're taking my niece and nephew out.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #31
Kiteless

Quote:
hahaha, yeah, but once you lower it, you'll have to change your driving style a bit. If you don't already, you'll have to avoid all pot holes and imperfections on the freeways if possible. Otherwise, like what happened to me, your alignment will get messed up. However, you can go to Firestone and get their lifetime warranty. It's $180, but you can get your alignment done four times a year for life. lol.
Hmm Might have to take it there next weekend then. Sounds like I should be able to go a week without getting aligned without destroying my new tires. I already avoid them if I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
With the nf springs, you can go up inclines and stuff normally but i do suggest avoiding potholes of any size and major cracks on roads.

@ Kiteless - soap and water for inside pieces? I have to see this. I always thought the cheap dash would get scratched easily. :-/
THanks I am glad to hear that. Makes me feel even better about getting these parts. Looks like we have settled on a price and he will be there at the meet on Sunday. I will be bringing a floor jack and jack stands. I know my way around my Egg but there is a lot I have yet to learn.

Well I figured since there is a meet this weekend I would clean up my girl. Looking at the inside it just has kind a thick layer of dust any place that is not touched regularly. I vacuum from time to time, was the car and windows and she just got a claybar and wax last weekend. Looking at what I had I decided that a light sponge, and a little dish soap/water could not hurt. SO I started going over all the doors, especially anything that I touched a lot that showed some oil. A little embarrassing to talk about here, but we are not without our various oils. Got most of it well cleaned. Also finally installed the center console from MI last night. I kept thinking it would get in the way of shifting, but its awesome.

Thanks all!

- Jason/Kiteless

Old 08-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #32
Kiteless

Invited some friends of mine to the meet this Sunday. I don't know if they will come. Jaylin is as sweet at a button and Dave is a gearhead. Jaylin has a stock automatic Yaris sedan she got after seeing my Yaris and her boyfriend Dave has a modified Corvette for autocross and also DD. I am hoping she will see our cars and at least want to turn her Yaris into a Vios or a Belta or something.

- Jason/Kiteless

Old 08-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #33
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Awesome. 4 sedans total might show up now, that will be a first!

The hatchbacks might finally be outnumbered haha.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #34
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
I too will bring at least 1, maybe 2 friends. They'll be carpooling with me. One of the guys is looking to buy a new 370z sometime soon.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:39 PM   #35
Pur_Blu

Drives: NCVC craziest
Send a message via AIM to Pur_Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Pur_Blu
counting the days till the race!! i can't wait. All this overtime out in monterey is killing me but the yaris will love it.
Pur_Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:28 AM   #36
dumb0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr LB
Send a message via Yahoo to dumb0
if you guys are gonna be up their so late, i guess im in :)

i wanna see some more hatch! haha.