Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #19
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Hi all as you can see how old these posts are there is actually not alot of support in Texas for the Yaris. Look at some of the pics that MadMax has taken with his car next to some trucks in his area. Alot of the people that I work with are lifting their turcks jeeps or talk about buying off-road rigs. I have met very few people that are in to modding cars here in Texas not like it was were I moved here from Kansas. Would be nice to hang out with you guys in the DFW area.
lilredrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #20
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
DFW Meet - Short Notice

People in DFW, here's your chance...

Quote:
It's going to be a nice weekend here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Area, mid 70's and sunny until the beginning of next week when we're supposed to get a free car wash thanks to the man upstairs.

I know this is short notice but I'd like to propose a Meet this Saturday - read: tomorrow, 3/21/2009 - at Keller's Burgers (Keller's Drive-In) in Dallas. It's a 50's style drive-in and you can Google it - "Keller's Burgers Dallas" - and get maps to it. The address is:

Keller's Drive-In
6537 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, TX 75231

It's on Northwest Hwy between Hwy 75 and White Rock Lake.

If you want to read some reviews on Keller's, here's a link to the dallas.citysearch website for it: http://dallas.citysearch.com/profile...ileTab-reviews

I'm going to be there around 7pm and I'll try to park as close to the street as I can. It's a pretty popular place to hang out and the word on the street is that they have some good food. It's a burger joint so don't expect to wine and dine unless you hit the 7-11 at the corner first.

I was at Keller's for a bit last night and there was a pretty good crowd. There were a couple of bike groups there and a tuner group and a couple of old cars mixed in with the rest of the folks.

Anyway, people seem to want a Meet in the DFW area and also in Texas so we have to get started somewhere. Maybe we can work this out to a monthly thing.

If anyone is interested in a South Texas Meet, i.e. Houston, San San Antonio, Austin or even New Braunfels or Gruene (isn't this pronounced as Green?), I'd be happy to come down for a Saturday or Sunday.

And don't worry, if nobody shows up it won't hurt my feelings. There's plenty of glow kits, chrome rims and street bikes for me to ogle while I'm eating there.

Drive safe,

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #21
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Damn...I just spotted this thread! I'm definitely in for a meet-up, and I can vouch for Kellers. I go to a Miata event there on Wed from time-to-time (my autoX car is a Miata). I also agree about needing more mod support in our area, but the Yaris is so easy to work on that I think we can accomplish a lot by simply banding together on tech stuff. DFW has a ton of good sources for parts deals, so we simply need to show our buying power as a group and plenty of shops will happily pay attention to us.
Laserdot and I will be showing up with our Yarii at some DFW autoX events, so just PM one of us and we'll get you more info, even if you aren't ready to race yet, so shoudl definitely show-up and "represent."
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #22
Lazerdot

Drives: Blazing Blue 08 liftback
Yaris Club

I'd love to get a group together. Keep me posted.

Next AutoX will be on the 26th, Equipe Rapaide event.
Get yorarsis out there! Pennington Field in Bedford Texas.
Lazerdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:44 AM   #23
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Lazerdot,

Is this April 26th? If so, Bedford isn't all that far from where I am and I'd like to come out there and see what goes on and shake hands.

Take care,

S.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerdot View Post
I'd love to get a group together. Keep me posted.

Next AutoX will be on the 26th, Equipe Rapaide event.
Get yorarsis out there! Pennington Field in Bedford Texas.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #24
Lazerdot

Thumbs up AutoX

The Equipe Rapide event is on Sunday the 26th at Pennington Field in Bedford Texas. Bring a Helmet (snell 2000 or up, they may have loaners), and a check book. 4 passes is $25, and 6 passes is 35. The extra two puts you in the Rapid Pax, a seperately scored set of runs. It's a lot of fun! OZMDD is normally there in his Miata running for Novice points. Hopefully he will bring out his Yaris soon as well. I am running in the ST class, bolt on mods are allowed to some degree. Check out the ER web site. Be there by 7:30 or 8am. People that race also will work on the track to reset cones and provide safety flags on the course.

Hope to see you there!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #25
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Whoa nelly! I'm not coming out there to race I'm coming out there to watch. I'm entirely too lazy to gear myself up to race. I prefer to stay in the pit area where all the hotties are and stare at them.

If the weather cooperates this weekend I'll definitely try to get out there and watch. I checked out the website that you mentioned but I don't see times listed that they'll be out there. I'm assuming it's an all day event, weather permitting, but is there a specific time that the Challenge Cup #3 is supposed to run?

Thanks for the info,

S.R.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #26
Lazerdot

That's cool too. Plenty to grab for food and coffee around. It would be great to get a group together for various meets, racing, ralleys, or just coffee and talk.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #27
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
Hey all, dropping a line here from the Houston/Humble area. Its time for Yarii revival in Texas.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:02 PM   #28
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Ill try and make it to the race this weekend but I think I'll just be watching this time.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:09 AM   #29
Lazerdot

If we have a few at the ER event, racing or watching, lets make a plan for a Yaris Yak on an ongoing basis. We could get that club going after all!

See you on Sunday!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #30
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Well, sadly I arrived too late to see any of the competition but I did get to spend a few minutes talking with Lazerdot. He even let me start his car and listen to the exhaust. And that, my friends, was cool. It got even cooler when he handed me the keys to his car and let me run circles around all those empty parking spaces. I didn't do much but rev it up a few times and make a couple of rights and lefts and then park it again but it was fun.

And Lazer, the company that makes the ScanGuageII is Linear Logic. The shop that I bought my ScanGuageII at is called ExaTorq and it's here in Garland. The ScanGuageII website has a page with a map for all their retailers so be sure to check for one around you or you can buy direct from Linear Logic. I did see that they are shipping from current stock so I'm guessing that means they aren't on back order any more.

From what Lazerdot told me, I got to the AutoX not too long after one of the other YarisWorld folks had left. If I recall correctly, I think he told me it was LilRedRocket but I could be mistaken. It's been known to happen before.

I definitely agree that we need to get something going. There's just too many of us here in the great state of Texas to sit on our duffs and wait for Governor Rick Perry to decide if he wants to split from the rest of America and let Chuck Norris run for El Prezidenty.

I'd like to get feedback on when to have a meet? Once a month? Every 2 weeks? What do you folks think? We could set something up in conjunction with the folks down in Houston, San Antonio and Austin. Maybe meet up here one month, go to Houston the next month, go to Austin the next month and so on; rotate between cities to get some exposure for us.

You all think about it and toss up a reply or a flame or some smack talk, lol, whatever.

Drive safe and keep the shiny side up,

S.R.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #31
Slick

Sounds good SaerinRhoe, I'd be up for some meets. BTW DFW, Houston, and San Antonio make up the Texas Triangle, in World Georaphy terms, its where da moneys at. Anyway, i'll keep my eyes open for any event announcements. Later
Old 04-26-2009, 10:19 PM   #32
xxae07xx
hook em

Drives: black 08 lb
next sunday, may 3rd, is houston area autocross. gulf grey hound park in texas city. some more yarii out there would be schweet
xxae07xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #33
Slick

Sweet, thats only about an hour or so away. What time is it?
Old 04-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #34
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Yea I must have Just missed you at the auto-x saerinrhoe. I'd be up for once a month where ever ask Mike at NST I visit him whenever he has a meet there and that a 3.5 hr drive for me
Old 04-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #35
Lazerdot

Good to meet you both, and thanks for comming out to the ER event. I hope to see you guys again. Boy, that ScanGauge is a great tool! Once I can spend a little money (right after I buy more guns and ammo) I'd like to get one. I'll be at the Porche club Time trial in Cresson in June. In the mean time a Yaris Yak somewhere would be great!

Greg

Last edited by Lazerdot; 04-27-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Wrong month
Old 04-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #36
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

I forgot to tell you you that I had a scan gauge too! I bought mine from Garm. It is a great tool.