Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Yaris TS Talk
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-06-2013, 03:53 AM   #1
JudgeM

Drives: 2005 Toyota Vitz RS
Cool Just bought a Vitz RS, I have some questions...

Greetings to all ( I think i posted this in the wrong section so I repost here)

I recently purchased a 2005 Vitz RS (JDM spec) 1.5 5 speed manual.
So far has been a great car and I love it, I just had a few queries maybe some of you could help me with:

-The suspension setup feels quite stiff, is that normal for the RS ? I looked at the springs and they look stock.

-I have driven a few manual cars, and the clutch on mine seems quite stiff compared to the rest. Its a small car but the clutch feels quite heavy, I drove a Honda Fit and a Corolla hatch and they both had very light clutches. Even a Hilux has a lighter clutch than mine.

-Now this problem I also have with my Vios. The accelerator pedals are those e-throttles. I find them waaaay too light and sensitive. On my Vios if I rest my foot on it, it will rev to 5K rpm. The Vitz is bit better but still not great. Is there anyway I can stiffen them up ?

-My side mirrors have led turn signals on them, but the right side one is totally dead. I am generally good with taking parts of cars apart and repairing them etc, but how would I go about opening up the mirror, I don't see any easy way.

-I've got smart key system but only one key. How do I make a copy. From what I've been told, If i lose this key, i am screwed.

Regards.
JudgeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
2005vitzRS

Drives: 2005 Vitz RS, NCP91, Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeM View Post
-The suspension setup feels quite stiff, is that normal for the RS ? I looked at the springs and they look stock.
As far as I know the RS has a different suspension to the other Vitz models. Mine feels a little stiff too when compared to other cars. Take it for some high speed cornering and you will appreciate that suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeM View Post
-I have driven a few manual cars, and the clutch on mine seems quite stiff compared to the rest. Its a small car but the clutch feels quite heavy, I drove a Honda Fit and a Corolla hatch and they both had very light clutches. Even a Hilux has a lighter clutch than mine.
I think its just the way they are. You will get use to it! My only complaint about the clutch however is that it seems to take pretty close to the floor which means I need to make sure my foot is completely down before changing. The car is pretty easy at first to "bunny hop". But I'm use to it now.
2005vitzRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
JudgeM

Drives: 2005 Toyota Vitz RS
Yea I love the cornering on this. It barely rolls. Its so much different than my Corona that rolls like no tomorrow.

My clutch also like that. I think its because our clutches are still new so they have quite a bit of meat left on them. My friends corolla one is almost finished and it engages very late, i.e you have to lift off it quite a lot before it engages. I stalled it few times first time I got it and doesn't help that Auckland is so darn hilly.
JudgeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
I've never driven the first gen fit, but the 2nd gen Fit does have a very light clutch compared to the Yaris.

the e-throttle sensible? i don't think so.. It's more like the lag behind it than anything else. You will have to get used to it.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote