Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-22-2018, 06:44 PM   #1
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
Still popular here...

Toyota are actively advertising the Yaris here in Australia. Here's an ad which keeps popping up in my web browser.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (249.5 KB, 66 views)
Old 09-23-2018, 07:53 PM   #2
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
"oh what a feeling!" (!!!)
i don't think i've seen that in the US since the early 90's!
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:37 AM   #3
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
It ony gets used in the print ads now.

Just got back from a country trip. The farm where I stayed has no internet or mobile coverage. Nearly 8 hours for the trip, and still feel fine.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
Glad they're loved somewhere. The local Toyota dealer near me has two new 2018 Yarii. A white stick L 3 door and a gray LE 5 door that I just saw parked in the sold row. I feel somewhat like a traitor taking home the Corolla hatch when those are sitting there...
Old 09-27-2018, 12:58 PM   #5
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Here's the Yaris sedan in India , https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/yaris/ . Would of likely purchased the Yaris sedan ( not Mazda 2 in disguise ) over the '18 Accent . Poor choice from Toyota corporation . The $18,000+ sticker price doesn't help it as well . We bought a new '08 3 door with the 5 speed manual under $11,000 .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:20 PM   #6
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
The unicorn known as the current Toyota Yaris SE hatchback is still my favorite Toyota in the U.S. market at any price point, though I doubt I would buy it in any color except black due to several styling decisions on the part of Toyota. Many Toyota dealership regions in the U.S. won't even stock the SE trim Yaris hatch - Arizona being one of them. I would very likely buy one next year if they did, but since it isn't available locally, the temptation to move to my first automatic (easier commute) vehicle after 35+ years of driving just isn't there. I'm still very happy with my current manual 2015 Yaris SE, so onward I go until I figure out what I want to do.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:15 PM   #7
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
The unicorn known as the current Toyota Yaris SE hatchback is still my favorite Toyota in the U.S. market at any price point, though I doubt I would buy it in any color except black due to several styling decisions on the part of Toyota. Many Toyota dealership regions in the U.S. won't even stock the SE trim Yaris hatch - Arizona being one of them. I would very likely buy one next year if they did, but since it isn't available locally, the temptation to move to my first automatic (easier commute) vehicle after 35+ years of driving just isn't there. I'm still very happy with my current manual 2015 Yaris SE, so onward I go until I figure out what I want to do.
Can't believe it's been 3 years. I can't remember, did you lease or buy?
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:09 PM   #8
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
Here's the Yaris sedan in India , https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/yaris/
That's a pretty decent car spec wise. Looks good too. Toyota should have bought that over here instead of the iA.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:12 PM   #9
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Can't believe it's been 3 years. I can't remember, did you lease or buy?
I purchased it long distance from dealership in CO & had it trucked to my home in AZ. It is now paid off.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:33 PM   #10
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Here's the Yaris sedan in India , https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/yaris/ . Would of likely purchased the Yaris sedan ( not Mazda 2 in disguise ) over the '18 Accent .
Hmmm... it looks like Hyundai Accent crossed with a Nissan Sentra.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:47 AM   #11
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
I purchased it long distance from dealership in CO & had it trucked to my home in AZ. It is now paid off.
Awesome; you have all the time in the world to wait for the right replacement to come along. No rush. I'm in the same boat.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:14 AM   #12
jayeh

Drives: '08 Yaris LB
Quote:
Here's the Yaris sedan in India , https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/yaris/ . Would of likely purchased the Yaris sedan ( not Mazda 2 in disguise ) over the '18 Accent . Poor choice from Toyota corporation . The $18,000+ sticker price doesn't help it as well . We bought a new '08 3 door with the 5 speed manual under $11,000 .
That is weird, a Yaris with most of the interior features of my 2018 Rav4 Hybrid XLE.