Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #19
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
You could look to see if the keyless module box is installed. Most US Yari's do not have the engine immobilizer. I believe most of those go to Canada because it is required by law.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #20
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJones View Post
First post. New Owner. I bought this used for a family commuter. It came with only one key, no remote, from a used car dealership. Carfax says it had been in a minor wreck with no airbag deployment. It had been owned by a company as a fleet vehicle. It has the power package: power locks, windows, upgraded radio, split seats, etc. It does NOT have the blinkie light on the dash so I'm supposing it does NOT have the engine immobilizer. (Right?) I guess that means I can have a simple steel key cut for it?

The primary question is, can I use the above remote programming instructions to determine whether the car has factory keyless entry? If the door locks cycle as described in the instructions does that mean factory keyless entry is installed? I know, it would be silly for it to NOT be installed and the locks cycle, but I just checking before I drop $200 for a new remote.

BTW, is keylessride.com the best place to get remotes? The site looks very professional and the prices look inline with another site I was trying to get a dongle for a 2000 Silverado.

Thanks!

No blinky LED on the dash and silver ring around the ignition switch (as opposed to black plastic) definitely indicates no immobilizer.

Trying the procedure above would be a quick and easy way of verifying that it doesn't have factory remote entry.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #21
KenJones

Drives: 2008 HB
I've confirmed both today. A steel key worked. (Though the guy couldn't get both sides of the same key to work. I'll have to find someone more competent.)

I tried the program sequence, but the door locks never cycled.

Thanks for the feedback!
KenJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #22
fayaz
I've made a post!

Drives: vitz 2007
Hello everyone. I would like to have another remote keyless entry for my vitz imported from japan(Model is DBA-SCP90-AHXNK) (Year 2007) from all the search I did the steps given is to add another keyless entry yaris that have the ignition key, I only have a start button available? The key available is to lock/unclock doors and nothing more? The vitz is equipped with the immobilizer.
Is there a compatible key for this model in the market and what is the programming sequence for it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
fayaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #23
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayaz View Post
Hello everyone. I would like to have another remote keyless entry for my vitz imported from japan(Model is DBA-SCP90-AHXNK) (Year 2007) from all the search I did the steps given is to add another keyless entry yaris that have the ignition key, I only have a start button available? The key available is to lock/unclock doors and nothing more? The vitz is equipped with the immobilizer.
Is there a compatible key for this model in the market and what is the programming sequence for it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
I did some research on this a while back for someone else. The "smart entry" remotes can only be programmed using the Toyota TechStream tool.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:36 AM   #24
Nodrog

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to Nodrog
I'm going to add on to this thread and bump it instead of starting a new one...
Just bought pre-owned 07 Yaris S sedan, auto locks, only one silver key came with car. I followed CTScott's instructions about programming, and got the lock/unlocks in step 9, which led me to believe the cars DOES have keyless enty (would this be a correct assumption?)...so...I do not have any remotes, I do not have the owners manual, so I do not have an FCC ID to reference. What are my chances/options for getting one or two remotes. Slim? Expensive? Dealer only? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #25
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog View Post
I'm going to add on to this thread and bump it instead of starting a new one...
Just bought pre-owned 07 Yaris S sedan, auto locks, only one silver key came with car. I followed CTScott's instructions about programming, and got the lock/unlocks in step 9, which led me to believe the cars DOES have keyless enty (would this be a correct assumption?)...so...I do not have any remotes, I do not have the owners manual, so I do not have an FCC ID to reference. What are my chances/options for getting one or two remotes. Slim? Expensive? Dealer only? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Did you get the confirmation clicks of the locks of step 10 after removing the key in step 9?

If so, then you will be looking for a remote with the FCC ID of MOZRI-20BTY
Old 01-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #26
Nodrog

Based on this tread;
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...19&postcount=6
the clicks of locks happened in step 9. I'm not sure why the steps are different than the list posted above, but I assume we are talking about the same step, so yes, I had the 'click of locks'.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #27
Nodrog

Ok, so I finally found and ordered a remote key from Midwest Keyless off of eBay. I emailed the guy to ask about FCC ID, he said it starts with MOZ so this is the correct key (according to the online User's Manual, the FCC ID is MOZB41TG for a key without immobilizer..sound right CTScott?).
The key has arrived, I have done the 'add mode' steps, and get nothing at the end...no confirmation lock/unlock, and no error of 2x lock/unlock...just nothing. And the remote only flashes a red light when I press the button. I also tried the 'rewrite mode' and still nothing.
Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #28
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmslot View Post
Thanks "imknotright"

As far as the programming goes, do I have to cut the key to program it? Or can I use the regular key to turn the ignition on/off during the programming sequence? Thanks in advance!
Also, I never saw an answer to this question. I am doing the programming from the regular silver key, as the remote key has not been cut yet. Does the programming have to be done from the actual remote key?
Thanks!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #29
CTScott
ULTIMATE

The programming doesn't have to be done with the remote key.

With the FCC ID. Does it just start with the same 3 characters or do all match? The first three are just the manufacturer ID, so the remaining must match as well for the device to be compatible.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:50 AM   #30
Nodrog

FCC ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
With the FCC ID. Does it just start with the same 3 characters or do all match? The first three are just the manufacturer ID, so the remaining must match as well for the device to be compatible.
After my inquiry about the FCC ID, the seller said this;
"it starts with MOZ. this is the correct one. thanks"

Did the FCC ID above look right to you CTScott? As it is different than the ID that you suggested previously in the post...
Old 02-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #31
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
After my inquiry about the FCC ID, the seller said this;
"it starts with MOZ. this is the correct one. thanks"

Did the FCC ID above look right to you CTScott? As it is different than the ID that you suggested previously in the post...
Tokai Rika Co Ltd is the company who's FCC ID grantee code is MOZ. They have 42 authorizations registered to their MOZ code, so just matching the grantee code is not sufficient.

If there is not a sticker on the back of the remote with the FCC ID, then there may be one inside.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #32
Nodrog

In the Owner's Manual that I got online from Toyota, it has these three FCC IDs, one in the section of the immobilizer key (which I don't have), and two in the section for the regular key. I thought I had read on here somewhere that one of two was the key and the other was the receiver in the car. The two IDs are MOZB41TG and MOZB21RG. I took the cover off the new key, and the FCC ID is MOZB41TG.
It would appear to be correct, yet I cannot get it to program.... :(
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2011-02-19 at 9.19.16 AM.png (127.9 KB, 258 views)

Last edited by Nodrog; 02-19-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: added pic
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #33
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
In the Owner's Manual that I got online from Toyota, it has these three FCC IDs, one in the section of the immobilizer key (which I don't have), and two in the section for the regular key. I thought I had read on here somewhere that one of two was the key and the other was the receiver in the car. The two IDs are MOZB41TG and MOZB21RG. I took the cover off the new key, and the FCC ID is MOZB41TG.
It would appear to be correct, yet I cannot get it to program.... :(
At this point, I think I would pop the driver's side C pillar to verify that the receiver is really there.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #34
Nodrog

Quote:
At this point, I think I would pop the driver's side C pillar to verify that the receiver is really there.
Thanks CTScott. I've been on vacation for 2 weeks without the car, and I just got back and tried the programing again. Still did not work.
Ok, so if I pull the C pillar what will the receiver look like? And is popping off the C pillar easy?
Thanks!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #35
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Thanks CTScott. I've been on vacation for 2 weeks without the car, and I just got back and tried the programing again. Still did not work.
Ok, so if I pull the C pillar what will the receiver look like? And is popping off the C pillar easy?
Thanks!
It is a small black module, about 3"x3"x1" and will say Receiver, Door Control" on it.

I haven't removed one on a sedan, but it looks like there are 4 clips that hold it on.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #36
Nodrog

Quote:
It is a small black module, about 3"x3"x1" and will say Receiver, Door Control" on it.

I haven't removed one on a sedan, but it looks like there are 4 clips that hold it on.
Here are pics of what I found behind the driver's C pillar...I'm going to assume the dangling white plug is what WOULD be connected to the remote receiver, which appears to not be there. Is this a pretty good assumption?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0930.JPG (60.8 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0931.JPG (64.2 KB, 244 views)