Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-31-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
tommo
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris 99
Smile red hot brake shoes

After replacing brake cylinder and brake shoes, my new brake shoes began to overheat.The cause of this dilemma was(after many painful ivestigations) was badly bled brake cylinder !!.To bleed a brake cylinder "correctly" follow these instructions. Step 1. Top up the brake fluid resevoir.Step 2.Place the correct size "ring spanner" over the brake nipple attached to the brake cylinder. Step 3. place tube over brake nipple and place the other end ina container immersed in some brake fluid. Step 4. Friend gets ready to pump brake pedal to the floor,on the order of the operator loosning the brake nipple about 1/4 turn. Step 5.Friend obeys and is told by the operator to hold down the brake pedal while he tightens the bleed nipple. Step 6. friend is told to let up the brake pedal slowly.Friend gets ready to pump brake pedal to the floor,on the order of the operator loosning the brake nipple about 1/4 turn. Step 7. This procedure is kept repeated until all the air bubbles in the transparent tube are absent. CAUTION !! Keep the fluid resevoir topped during this operation. Step 8.With pedal to floor for final time,tighten nipple
tommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
I want to bleed out my brakes just to get the fluid with 3yrs/40k of driving out of the car. It's important to do this, otherwise you'll have rusting issues in the system over time. Brake fluid absorbs water.

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote