Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-12-2017, 01:45 AM   #1
AumesiAdA

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2012
yaris 2012 basic or serious issues?

Good day everyone!
I just have a few questions about my .
Ive been using this car for only almost 5months.
i just bought it second hand.

1 - the smell from outside goes inside the car (smoke from other vehicle, garbage from outside, smell of burned objects from outside) WHY?

2 - how much is the price for full body paint here in riyadh?

3 - when the climate is too hot, around 35 to 40 deg.C, and im driving inside the city for around 2 hours coz i need to go there, i need to go here, the engine becomes weak. i mean it takes 2 to 3 push on the gas before it starts to rev. is it because of hot weather?

Please i need advice guys.
Thanks a lot
AumesiAdA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #2
alanwagen

Drives: 2015Yaris, Son's car, 10 Prius
1. Your vent on the inside must be set for outside air, you can set it for recirculate. See owner's manual. If you don't have one, google it or go to Toyota.com to find it.
2. You will have to call around on the paint job as everyplace and every car will be different.
3. I think you need to have it serviced as we get that hot in Texas and no problems.
alanwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:45 PM   #3
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Keep the recirculation button depressed on your climate controls if you want to recirculate cabin air and keep the outside air/smells/pollen/etc. out. It also helps the A/C keep the car cooler in hotter climates. I keep recirculation on all spring & summer, as pollen allergies would make my life miserable otherwise. It can get up to 120-121 degree fahrenheit (48-49 Celsius) here in AZ during peak summer, and it's far easier to keep the car perfectly cool at air blow setting 2-3 (special quality window tints/films that block 90%+ of heat is also helpful).

Also, be sure to change BOTH your engine and cabin air filters at least every 20K miles (they even sell a charcoal-infused cabin filter to help eliminate odors even further, if you feel that you need it). I change my two air filters every spring due to the harsh dusty and/or pollen environment in Phoenix, AZ, to keep my engine and A/C running optimally, in terms of clean/sufficient air flow. Not like it is expensive, nor hard to do yourself (10-20 minutes total).

No issues here with unusual engine sluggishness, even with my A/C running in 120 degree (48-49 Celsius) temperatures. Take your car in for a service check - something is obviously off somewhere. Have you checked your engine air filter to make sure it's clean? - it could be something as simple as that.

Last edited by Kalispel; 08-12-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:04 PM   #4
praivo

Drives: 2000 SCP10, 2001 NCP13
1. Air goes in, smell goes with it. As written above, try a charcoal cabin filter, that might help a bit.

2. Google --> "car paint riyadth" --> (for example) http://alodhaib.com/en/service_paint.php

3. That's not normal. Any warning lights?
praivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:32 AM   #5
AumesiAdA

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2012
thank you for all your advices sir alanwagen, sir Kalispel and sir praivo.
by the way, there isnt any warning lights when these happen.
i will check all these advices sirs.
thanks a lot
AumesiAdA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:16 PM   #6
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Try using a high grade fuel for a few fill ups. You might have deposit buildup causing hot spots in the combustion chamber. It will cause knock when the engine gets extremely hot and the engine will pull the timing back killing engine power.

Also make sure you have the proper spark plugs and gap.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote