Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
Marie

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 5-door
Windshield Crack/Two glass replacements - Safelite. help?

I hope I am posting this under the right section, and I'm sorry if I am doing something wrong by posting this, but this is about Safelite, my driver’s side window, the left door panel, and my windshield. I have been following this website for about seven months (2 months after I bought my car), and I thought you guys could help me.

Anyway, someone broke into my car months ago, which required a window replacement for the driver’s side. My insurance did not cover the damage, because my deductible is $1,000 for comprehensive. This replacement cost $200, but because of the poor service, I was refunded $50. The people who replaced my window were banging on my left door panel’s upper section of the handle to get it into place (I do not know what it is called, it comes in 3 pieces). They ended up breaking the one section of it that they could not figure out how to order (they even took the broken piece to order that specifically), so I went through my car dealership and Safelite said they would foot the bill. The dealership said it will cost almost $500, because the piece that they broke does not come sold separately; they have to order the entire door panel. This is fine with me, because I am not paying for it, but I’ve been dealing with this crap for weeks if not months and it still is not fixed, because the dealership and Safelite are having a miscommunication.

First question: What is the name of that part, and is it possible to find it online (eBay)?
Again the part that is missing/broken comes in three parts, but I need the part that is closest to the dash (above the side power buttons).

Second question: Can anyone give me any suggestions or advice about the issue below?

Now, for my windshield… This just cracked at the top and extended (curved) down behind my rear view mirror. As far as I know, the crack has only been there for about a week. I never heard anything crack, but I noticed it five days ago on Thursday, November 11th. The crack was about 8-10 inches, and it seems to be a foot long now. I just started marking the progression of the crack three days ago. I called Safelite again; because their windows are have a, “real lifetime guarantee.” I have a scheduled appointment for this Saturday, November 20th for a replacement. The total cost with tax is $425. I think this is the cheapest, but does anyone have any suggestions?

By the way, from this website, I have learned about and intstalled my own AEM intake
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Hi Marie,

Can you identify the part in one of the diagrams below?

Arm Rest.jpg

Front Door Board.jpg
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
Marie

Actually, no.

I have #74232 with the power window, and #74222.

The part I am missing is before #74232, closest to the dash.

So there is #missing, #74232, and #74222, in order, if that makes sense.

I will take a picture of it later and post it tonight. Maybe I am wrong, but I am pretty good with looking at diagrams. I hope you can take a look at the picture later.

Thank you for your response.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
Marie

I just took some photos. They are attached. Thanks again :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg y1.jpg (84.3 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg y2.jpg (74.7 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg y3.jpg (77.7 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg y4.jpg (72.2 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg y5.jpg (72.7 KB, 81 views)
Old 11-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
Actually, no.

I have #74232 with the power window, and #74222.

The part I am missing is before #74232, closest to the dash.

So there is #missing, #74232, and #74222, in order, if that makes sense.

I will take a picture of it later and post it tonight. Maybe I am wrong, but I am pretty good with looking at diagrams. I hope you can take a look at the picture later.

Thank you for your response.
That's right - There are three sections there, not just the two shown in the diagram. I just checked both the US and the Japanese EPCs and that part is not shown in either. Also, removing mine, I noticed that the part does not have a part number on the bottom of it. So, I suppose that it indeed must be part of the entire: "Board Sub-assy, Front Door Trim, LH"
(part number: 67620-52G40-B1)
Old 11-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Here's one on ebay. It's off and 08, so it is off of a 3 door, which means that the rest of the panel is worthless to you, but that one piece would be the same. You might want to check with local junk yards to see if you can buy just that one piece.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-09...Q5fAccessories
Old 11-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
Marie

Wow, they had to break that part, huh? lol

Any suggestions on possibly finding that part?

For example a junk yard or a website that might have used parts?

Initially for the window replacement, I was going to go to the junkyard to buy a window and do it myself, but I wanted to have someone else take care of it for me so I wouldn't waste time. *regrets*

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
Marie

Ah! Fantastic! Thank you so much :)
Old 11-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #9
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Here in NY I have $0 deductable on glass in my comp package.
You guys don't have that by you??

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote