Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-13-2015, 08:37 PM   #1
pat005

Drives: 08 Yaris 3-Door
Tail light issue

Driver tail light doesn't turn on, however when the breaks are pressed, light comes on.

I only found problems where the lights stay on or off but couldn't find any solutions to this one.

should I look into the fuse? or replace the light? cause it seemingly still works, just only when the breaks are pressed.
pat005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:08 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The tail and the brake lights are within the same bulb, but are two different filaments.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:52 AM   #3
07liftback

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
In other words, order new bulbs. I had the exact same problem and make sure you don't get the LED tail light bulbs. They don't work with our cars, something to do with resistances. You'll need another component if you're getting LED bulbs. Cheaper and easier to just get the regular bulbs.
07liftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:10 AM   #4
Skellysgirl

Drives: Yaris 2008
Can anyone confirm this is the right bulb?

Hi I am a newbie,

I have been monitoring a few of the threads due to an issue, and i think this may be related to this one.

My tail lights are not working. MY break lights and all the other lights seem to be fine.

I have checked and changed several of the fuses inc tail(44) and panel 1 and 2.

I have cleaned the brass things behind the steering wheel.

I did go to the auto store new bulbs, I showed the lady the manual, and she checked her book and provided me with 2 biggish bulbs.

They asked if I wanted them changed for a few $ and I said yes. The person who went to change them, then helped me pull out what we thought were the lights and they're were much smaller than the bulbs the store suggested. Person went in and got smaller bulbs, but they did not work.

Reading above says that the brake and the tail are the same light, is the correct, and if so which of the below is the tail/brake.

The light that was checked at the store is the smaller of the three on the right.

If I am correct and that is not the light then I suspect my brake light is a single filament bulb.
Skellysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote