Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-04-2017, 06:55 PM   #127
n3szt0r
I've made a post!

Drives: Auris 2009
Dear Toyota friends!

I would get some confirmation about cruise control. My Dad's birthday gift would be a cruise. He has a 2008 Auris 1.33 petrol europe(uk) engine code 1nr-fe.
Did see one of supported yaris has the same engine.
Will it fit?
Can you give me name of small metal connectors or a source for them?
Please help, thank you!
n3szt0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:52 PM   #128
GibbsYaris07

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3dr
Just finished mine this morning. The hardest parts were running the wiring and making ghetto pins. lol

2010 Toyota Tacoma (my second vehicle)
GibbsYaris07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #129
Blakethesnake

Drives: 2007 yaris hatchback
Hey ct scott. Thanks for this post. I have 2007 hatchback 2 door base yaris. AUTOMATIC 1.5. I would like to install this cruise control. How do I contact you for the parts. I can pay with paypal or card. I live in Florida. But im told by dealer this is a canadian yaris. It did come to me from California. Thanks so much for your work on this subject. Cant wait to install this. Ps. Im new to this forum and I don’t know where to find your email or contact information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blakethesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #130
Freedomage

Drives: YARIS 2010 1NR-FE MMT
Hi I couldnt find any introduction page so My name is Alper and from Turkey.
I have a Yaris 1.33 1NR-FE Multi Mod transmission I checked my VINN number and it says that my car's market: North America, Europe(UK) by the way it is made in France.
TYPE: NSP90L-CHLGKW
I was wondering if my car's ECU has built in CC functionality.
Is there anything I can do to figure out this?

Last edited by Freedomage; 11-24-2017 at 02:17 AM.
Freedomage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 06:37 AM   #131
Per Olof

Drives: Toyota yaris G 2014
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The on/off is just a switch to ground. I would check all of your connection points to make sure it isn't an intermittent connection. If the stalk is one of the Chinese clones, it could be a bad switch within it as well.

I do still sell the indicator modules.
Hello Im new in forum,I have Yaris G mod. 2014 5dor. aut. smart entry&start system and want to have CC. Im swedish but live in Thailand.How can I tjeck if it possible to put it in my car.The car seem to have a diffrent ECU (ECM) It spli to 2 units behind the glove compartment.If you know about this,can you sell me one to me ??
Per Olof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:46 AM   #132
Sparty

Drives: 2007 Yaris
07 Yaris Cruise Help

Hi everyone,
I have a US Model, 07, M/T, 1.5L, 3 door hatch. I'm installing this CC solution and I'm at the point where I'm running the D3 connector to the ECM pin 40. Please see the pic below. Which wire and pin do I send to the ECM and which one do I ground? The picture of my Yaris is different then the pictures in the instructions from CTScott. Thanks!!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/04lH...ah7sf_DqrWtH0A
Sparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #133
tiiams

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan S Pearl Black
Mine has been working great for 7 years or so i forgot when I bought it. Thanks scott only issue is blue light gets confused in cold weather. but functionality is perfect. By the way I am at 238,000 mile approx.
tiiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:52 PM   #134
Mykal
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris, auto
Cruise Control for 2008 Yaris 3 door auto

Hi Scott, I purchased the OEM cruise control stalk for the Yaris, but am still in search of the rest of the parts. Do you have those in inventory? - Mykal
Mykal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:06 PM   #135
Sumdude
I've made a post!

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris LB
Cruise COntrol Parts

Hi Scott,
I am new to your forum and also a new Yaris owner. I have just purchased a used 2010 Yaris LB with out Cruise Control. I have been reading some forum posts and I would like to know if you sell the complete CC kit and if so, how do I order it?
Thanks for your assistance,
Sumdude
Sumdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:19 PM   #136
reg_account

Drives: 2010 sedan
2010 sedan A/T without power anything

Hi all,
I just wanted to post my experience with this version of the car if anyone is interested. I have a 2010 US Sedan auto transmission with no power windows/locks, but with AC. I found a couple of interesting differences with my car that I couldn't figure out from the pdf, so I thought I would share. Big thanks to CTScott for the guide!

I was able to get the stalk from a junkyard Camry (04-09 I think, according to the other thread). I pulled off the extra wiring from the Camry and was able to pull the pins out from the larger Camry connector, which I was able to fit into the smaller connector (with the horn wire, section 1.4.3 in pdf) from the Yaris. Cost about 10 dollars for the stalk locally. If you do need to pull those wires from the Camry connector, you have to pull really hard (I thought I was going to break it) but it will disconnect if you have the lock popped up. One last thing about the stalk, I only had a 1 inch circular drill bit (Spade bit? the flat kind..) but it worked out fine. I highly recommend cutting the hole in the plastic, it is quick and easier than pulling the steering wheel.

Next, I found that the ECM pin already had a wire in it (it says this in the guide) so I was able to use a tap splice to connect to this. I precut the wires with a wire stripper to expose the wire to the splice (wasn't sure if it would cut the insulation fully). Firewall install wasn't too bad, as I was also installing a car amp wire. However, I think my grommet was in backwards, since I had to flip it around behind the carpet to pull it out.

The last thing I found was that I did not have any D3 connector pins. I found an ebay seller who makes the same wire and sells them for cheap (8 bucks shipped for 2 pins). I used some wire from the remote turn on from my amp kit (18 gauge) to connect the ECM tap splice to these D3 connectors. Make sure the pin lock snaps in easily with a nice click and you are good. I was able to see the indicator on the dash after connecting the battery and holding the ground wire to metal. Took it for a test drive today and it worked like a charm!

Quick summary:
2010 Yaris sedan, AT, no power windows or locks

Need to buy:
Stalk and wiring to horn pin (Need T30 bit to get into wheel)
D3 connectors
18 gauge wire or similar small gauge wire
Tap splice that fits your wire gauge
Butt connectors or crimp caps (I used Install Bay CC2218 since I had them)

You need a few other basic tools from the pdf, so read over it to get the gist. Thank you to all who posted on these forums about this so I could install a cruise control in my car for $21!
reg_account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:53 PM   #137
c-dub

Drives: 2008 yaris
Is there a wired connector for the clutch switch (88280-14030)?
c-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:53 PM   #138
bassmannate

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris
Mine has been working fine for 5 years so far. Wish I had the indicator but I get along pretty well without it.
bassmannate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 05:11 PM   #139
c-dub

Drives: 2008 yaris
Got it installed today, took me about 5 hours, but soldered and heat shrank everything and made a harness. Found a radio harness from a 2020 4Runner (extra parts from a Alpine sub install) that had a female connector that i was able to modify for the clutch switch. Very easy install, just needed to adjust the clutch switch after the test drive. Only thing i'm not happy with is the connections in the fuse box. I need to figure out how to pull the pins, so i can get some heat shrink on them. I'm sure the tape would be fine, being enclosed and all, but it bothers me.
c-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:02 AM   #140
Mrdea321

Drives: Vitz 2006
Hi im
New to this forum.
How can i know my yaris 2006 supports cruise control.please tell me
Thanks
Mrdea321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:24 AM   #141
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdea321 View Post
Hi im
New to this forum.
How can i know my yaris 2006 supports cruise control.please tell me
Thanks
Welcome to the forum!

If I'm not mistaken 2006 is the start of the 2nd Gen. I have a 2008 2dr hatch, and I've installed a cruise control. It was really useful when I moved from Maryland to San Diego. I don't do much of a long drive here, so I don't get to use it. Now I'll be moving back in June, so I'd get to rely on it again.

I think this was the video that I followed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxRHFkUwg60

Good luck!
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 04:51 PM   #142
Demian123

Drives: Yaris sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The 34 page PDF file below is a complete DIY for installing OEM Cruise Control on a 2006 to 2011 Yaris.

This will only work for US/Canda/Puerto Rico Yaris, as Yaris from all other areas lack the built-in ECM programming for Cruise Control. Vehicles from other areas must use an aftermarket cruise control system.

Any procedure that requires 34 pages of documentation may seem intimidating, but this installation is really not difficult. I tried to add as much detail as possible to clarify the parts where people who have installed cruise control have had questions.

This guide is broken up in to seven sections encompassing the following:

Section 1: OEM Cruise Control Stalk Installation.
Section 2: Steering Column Connector D3 Pin Installation
Section 3: ECM Connector A21 Pin Installation
Section 4: Connecting the ECM Pin to the Steering Column Pin Through the Firewall
Section 5: Cruise Control Clutch Switch Installation
Section 6: Optional Cruise Control Indicator Module Installation
Section 7: Verifying Operation

http://tinyurl.com/CruiseDIY
hello, I have a toyota yaris sedan 1.5 from the year 2009, I am from Chile, Latin America, does anyone know if this can work in my car?
Demian123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:03 AM   #143
Ben_

Drives: 2010 Yaris Hatch
Does anyone have a backup of this PDF??? After 8 years of ownership I'm fed up of no cruise control
Ben_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 04:09 PM   #144
M. Zahid

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2021
Smile Yaris/Vios Cruise Control Installation Guide A-Z

For Yaris/Vios 2020-21 DIY Cruise Control Installation

https://youtu.be/Hdk6xHK1mWI
M. Zahid is offline   Reply With Quote