Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
chucksenior

Drives: toyota
body side molding

Hi all! I need some help. Does anyone have a 2012 and up Yaris 5 door hatch with FACTORY bodyside moldings? If so, could you please give me the length in inches of the front door molding AND the back door molding? I am trying to adapt a set on an older Toyota and I would like to know if they will fit before I order them. Thank you in advance!
chucksenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
chucksenior

I would really appreciate these length measurements. Can anyone help me out?
Old 12-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #3
chucksenior

Anyone.......?
Old 12-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #4
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Not to sound obvious buuuuut couldn't you measure them yourself, front to back? Even with the moldings on you're only talking about a 1/4" or slightly more because of the thickness of the plastic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg si_UEw150_Chun Wink.jpg (8.5 KB, 76 views)
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #5
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
Not to sound obvious buuuuut couldn't you measure them yourself, front to back? Even with the moldings on you're only talking about a 1/4" or slightly more because of the thickness of the plastic.
In fairness to the OP, i believe it is kind of the OCD kicking in when i DIY retrofit stuff i usually want it exactly like the original part..

to the OP, KCALB SIRAY has a point though, you can look for pictures on the net and measure them yourselves and do approximates. No one will figure out a 1/2" difference or even a 1" once you stick them on.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #6
chucksenior

Thanks for your replies so far. First off, I am trying to find the length in inches of both moldings BEFORE I order them from Toyota, as they are non returnable if they are too long. I will be applying them to another Toyota model and I have very tight limitations on the rear door application. Upon examination, the 5 door Yaris seems to have moldings that will work but until I know the exact measurements, I can not order them. I was hoping someone out there would already have factory moldings on a Yaris and could give me the exact lengths. Thanks again!
Old 12-16-2014, 02:10 PM   #7
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboy View Post
In fairness to the OP, i believe it is kind of the OCD kicking in when i DIY retrofit stuff i usually want it exactly like the original part..

to the OP, KCALB SIRAY has a point though, you can look for pictures on the net and measure them yourselves and do approximates. No one will figure out a 1/2" difference or even a 1" once you stick them on.
No matter what the moldings are OR going to be, the exact measurements are not going to change on your Yaris beeeeecause the measurements are already there. Please tell me if I am missing something here but it wouldn't matter what the exact measurements are because you are not measuring the fit on the outside of the molding, it would be inside of the molding. Am I repeating myself now? Or am I completely reading the OP's question wrong and he doesn't actually have a Yaris?
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote