Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-01-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Drives: 09 Yaris 3D; 05 R6; 00civic si
OT: Seeking Divorce Advice/Attorney in SoCal

Not for me... for my brother!

My brother is in the beginning stages of what just may end up being a pretty messy divorce from his pregnant wife (with twins). They have a 2.5 y/o who is already being used as a pawn by her parents... and it's just making me absolutely furious.

Their money has been stretched as she is a spend-thrift and he needs to get out ASAP.

Anyone on here an attorney or know of one that can offer advice/services for a reasonable fee (hopefully pro bono)?

Believe me... ANY help will be greatly appreciated! He's in Corona currently and dealing with a house, custody of their current son, and possible 2 more due in April (although one may not make it due to polycystic kidneys).

I am just so concerned about my nephew...

Thanks for any help!!
Attached Images

KRAZGRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:58 AM   #2
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZGRL View Post
Not for me... for my brother!
Darn!
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Very sorry to hear that.

I only know attorneys in my area, and one of those is the best divorce attorneys around. But he is super expensive. That's what it takes if you want to "win", in my experience (yes, unfortunately, I have some).

Cheap divorce attorneys give up too much and cut corners to save time. This would not be good for your brother.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Drives: 09 Yaris 3D; 05 R6; 00civic si
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Darn!
hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Very sorry to hear that.

I only know attorneys in my area, and one of those is the best divorce attorneys around. But he is super expensive. That's what it takes if you want to "win", in my experience (yes, unfortunately, I have some).

Cheap divorce attorneys give up too much and cut corners to save time. This would not be good for your brother.

He's hoping that with advice he can try to keep things "civil" (I think it's unlikely with the way things have already gone in just 3 weeks of separation). Neither of them truly have the finances to afford an attorney, but I feel that something, be it just advice/consultation, can do wonders.
KRAZGRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
you could go the route of a separation agreement with a mediator. I am in NC but they run arould $500-$600 and they are pretty binding.

I did mine without the mediator and spent $300 (best $300 I ever spent)

a separation agreement can also be taken to court when the divorce is to be finalized so you can use it as a starting point for custody and what not.

(disclaimer: laws vary from state to state so definitely do research on this one)
Old 12-10-2011, 02:41 AM   #6
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Here is a starting point for both your brother and his future ex to be

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/child-support

There are a lot of resources available at Nolo free of charge, to be used as a guideline before you go to anyone. I say guidelines because there is no substitute for the services of a lawyer, especially when the parties are likely to be emotional.

But if you do your homework, then the time your lawyer will have to spend on your case might be greatly reduced.

I highly recommend the NOLO Press books (even legal professionals use them).

Good luck.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
Free?

Is that a joke?

I'm 100% positive this whole 1-2-3-easy-divorce junk was solely created by lawyers to benefit themselves...
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:50 AM   #8
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
i see this type of thing way too much to ever want to be in a relationship, never mind marriage.

sorry for your brother. tell him he should retire and never work again, therefor there is nothing for her to steal.