Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-22-2019, 09:13 PM   #1
Jeffbass

Drives: 2010 Yaris
2010 Yaris won’t crank and will not turn off possible bad jump start

I left my key in the ignition while working on my suspension so I could quickly turn the steering wheel back and forth and the battery died. I jump started the car got it running and drove up the street and it stalled the car I jumped it with was running when I hooked up the Yaris also. I tried to restart and nothing then pulled the key got out of the car and it was still on possibly running I am not sure. Now, if I put the key in the car it will turn on and the fan in the engine bay turns on. If I turn the key to the off position and pull the key from the ignition the car remains on with the fan running but it will not start and was unable to get it jumped. I tried to test the starter relay and I am pretty sure it’s good. I checked the fusible link and it was good. I don’t think the ignition switch is bad but not sure how to test it. Any ideas would be awesome thanks. I had someone tell me I might have caused serious damage on another forum be he could not elaborate. I am lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Jeffbass; 05-24-2019 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Change title
Jeffbass is offline   Reply With Quote