Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-02-2019, 07:34 AM   #1
YodaBird

Drives: Gray
Car Radio CDIN Flashing problems ?

Recently after not using my car radio or CD player for almost two months, I turned it on, to my surprise the radio says CDIN but as I mentioned I did not use the radio or CD player for about two months and before that everything worked fine.

I went to visit Toyota yesterday they checked and informed me after resetting the battery they don't know what could be the cause. My mother about two months ago, took the car twice but due to her anxiety over people reading car keys wrapped the key in tin foil about two months ago upon starting the car, she said it made an odd sound, could she have destroyed the radio without her knowing ?

The FM works, but all the AM channels don't work, and CDIN won't stop flashing when the radio is turned on, my mom believes there is a CD in the car, but I informed her, how can there be a CD if neither of us used it. I tried ejecting numerous times, nothing comes out, she strongly believes a CD is melted in the CD player.

How can this be fixed ?
YodaBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:09 AM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Probably easiest to just get a new head unit. There is a small RFID transceiver ring around the ignition switch but putting aluminum foil around the key shouldn't have caused any damage. It's entirely possible that the radio has just expired of natural causes.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:31 AM   #3
YodaBird

Drives: Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
Probably easiest to just get a new head unit. There is a small RFID transceiver ring around the ignition switch but putting aluminum foil around the key shouldn't have caused any damage. It's entirely possible that the radio has just expired of natural causes.
The radio was used but at a low usage. I can't believe it, as mentioned the FM still works but AM doesn't and neither does the CD as it keeps saying CDIN. And Toyota informed me radio problems are not common.

I suppose better to buy a 3rd party unit over Toyota brand, you don't believe a CD is in the unit either, just died naturally.
YodaBird is offline   Reply With Quote