Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Willing to Buy by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
WTB License Plate

Hey so this might sound like an odd request but if anyone from the uk or europe is willing to part with an old license plate they are no longer using that'd be great. I would prefer one in fairly new condition if that's possible.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Try eBay...

Cheers! M2
Old 02-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
lol plates in the UK are high dollar items.. look it up
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
frownonfun

wow i didn't know that... i lived there for three years and went through several cars (car auctions)... never thought to grab one at the time. and i don't do ebay. too many crooked ass folks tryin to make a buck.

i can get a personalized euro style plate from a couple sites but just thought i'd try here first.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:38 AM   #5
MadMax

eBay's not that bad, I get a lot of stuff on there. Just use some common sense, and you'll be fine.

By the way, I travel to Europe once or twice a year for work, and was just in Germany, Austria and the UK last month. I also have several plates hanging in my garage from our living in Germany and Belgium, but they are not up for sale.

One last thought, if you do get a "custom" one try and make it look like the real thing. Those other ones that you see on ricers all the time just look cheesy, if you ask me!

And where are you going to put it, on your car? Don't tell me you are one of those Texans that puts their front license plate behind the windshield!

Cheers! M2
Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #6
Adriaan
In between cities

Drives: 2006 yaris ce
Try this place, there very good and looks as real as you can get. I got a set from them.
http://www.licenseplates.tv/
Old 02-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #7
frownonfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
eBay's not that bad, I get a lot of stuff on there. Just use some common sense, and you'll be fine.

By the way, I travel to Europe once or twice a year for work, and was just in Germany, Austria and the UK last month. I also have several plates hanging in my garage from our living in Germany and Belgium, but they are not up for sale.

One last thought, if you do get a "custom" one try and make it look like the real thing. Those other ones that you see on ricers all the time just look cheesy, if you ask me!

And where are you going to put it, on your car? Don't tell me you are one of those Texans that puts their front license plate behind the windshield!

Cheers! M2
lol. no i don't have my front plate behind the windshield. it is tempting though as i hate having the front plate. really i was thinking of putting the euro plate behind the windshield. as a tribute to the land of tiny cars and my short time over there.

thanks for the input though. and thanks for the link adriaan
Old 02-18-2009, 11:23 PM   #8
MadMax

Are you military as well? I'm retired USAF, and spent almost half of my career in Europe. I am a contractor now, in San Antonio working at Lackland...

Cheers! M2
Old 02-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #9
jclo3313
Super Moderator

Drives: Absolutely red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to jclo3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
Hey so this might sound like an odd request but if anyone from the uk or europe is willing to part with an old license plate they are no longer using that'd be great. I would prefer one in fairly new condition if that's possible.
+1 on that. I collect plates from all over as well and need on from GB or D to make a cool set.

Obama Can't Gymkhana!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #10
frownonfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Are you military as well? I'm retired USAF, and spent almost half of my career in Europe. I am a contractor now, in San Antonio working at Lackland...

Cheers! M2
i was in the us navy. can't say it was my idea of a good time so i just did my 4 and got out. miss the uk though.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
MadMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
i was in the us navy. can't say it was my idea of a good time so i just did my 4 and got out. miss the uk though.
Sorry to hear it wasn't more enjoyable, but everyone who served deserves the respect and appreciation of the nation!

Where are you in Texas? We are still looking to have a central Texas meet-and-greet somewhere around New Braunfels/Gruene area one of these days now that the weather is getting warmer. Hopefully you can make it...

Cheers! M2
Old 02-21-2009, 09:46 PM   #12
frownonfun

i'd love to go to a meet. im in odessa. let me know if you guys have one.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:13 AM   #13
MadMax

It was discussed in this thread, but I think folks are waiting for a little nicer weather to come around.

We were in Gruene a few Sundays back and I think it would be a great location, especially since the new bridge is up over the Guadalupe, making it possible to get to both sides of the river year-round! River Road going up to Canyon Lake is a great drive as well!

Cheers! M2
Closed Thread