Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Great Lakes
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-30-2009, 03:43 AM   #1
Greenthunder

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Return of the Dayton Yaris Meet?

Ok, I know it has only been a couple of weeks since the Dayton meet, so I wanted to throw this out there since a couple people mentioned it.

Who would be interested in having it again next year in the spring? I also was thinking that instead of just meeting for the afternoon maybe we could plan out a day or two down in Dayton.

Looking forward to peoples replies

Greenthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:47 AM   #2
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
sounds cool, but it would be awesome if there was some sort of import alliance type of event to go to... (I enjoyed the museum but more people might come if it was centered around a car event, and I really would have loved to seen some racing or show cars or something...)

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:02 AM   #3
Qmobile
that's right I went there

Drives: '08 Blazin' Blue,'10 Dark Red
I'm in!! I agree with CAD the museum was cool but we were a car group. I thin we'd meet in the afternoon like last time and our "personal" tour guide could maybe show us a lil fun..........just an idea or maybe we could all go over to Jegs(bout hour from Dayton). That's what we did @the new philly meet we met in the afternoon/late afternoon, went out for a night on the town. Then the next day we all went to breakfast before cruisin up to Summit Racing.......course Summit was A LOT bigger than Jegs but just my input right now

suggestions always welcome
Qmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
Greenthunder

Why would a Yaris group go to Jegs? They mainly make parts for muscle-cars
Old 09-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #5
Qmobile

It was JUST a sugestion seein' as how the other show went to Summit, I was "cross refenceing" for lack of a better term

Old 09-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Sami and I may be in.

And glad you enjoyed Summit, Q. =)
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:47 AM   #7
Greenthunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat View Post
sounds cool, but it would be awesome if there was some sort of import alliance type of event to go to... (I enjoyed the museum but more people might come if it was centered around a car event, and I really would have loved to seen some racing or show cars or something...)
Thats a good idea, problem is that I do not know of any events going down in that area. I can look around and see if there are any big shows going on there next year.

Ryan and Sami, we would be glad to have you guys onboard
Old 09-11-2009, 08:30 AM   #8
Qmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank View Post
Sami and I may be in.

And glad you enjoyed Summit, Q. =)
I was like a lil kid in a candy shop @Summit

But yeah you 'n Sami would be awsome to have

Old 09-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #9
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
make sure you post if you find an event. im sure hubby would want to come and ill prolly tag along again.
DandiDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #10
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

+1

Old 09-12-2009, 03:18 AM   #11
Greenthunder

Ok, found some

June 19th 2010 in Massillon Ohio, 21st annual Cruise-On-In Dance Party kicks off the summer car show and cruise-in season in Northeast Ohio with a variety of food, live entertainment, family fun, fireworks and of course, classic and antique cars. As many as 1,000 classic and antique car, street rod, truck and motorcycle entrants will compete for "Best of Show". Car Registration begins at 7 AM and costs $15. Dash Plaques to the first 500 registrants. Event is free to the public and begins at 11:00 AM ending at 10:00 PM with fireworks on Saturday, June 19, 2010. Not 100% sure if there is a restrcition on the years of the cars

July 9th and 10th in Dublin Ohio, Friday’s Cruise-In features more than 1500 antiques, street rods, muscle cars, customs and European exotics. Judging continues until 7:00 PM, followed by the Mike Albert concert to entertain the crowd with popular Elvis songs. During intermission, spectacular 6-foot tall trophies are awarded to the top 100 Cruise-In cars, as well as a number of specialty awards. Saturday’s Show will feature Corvair, Datsun/Nissan "Z" and Miata. In addition, there are over 40 other classes and “Show-Within-A-Show” groups. Judging takes place in the afternoon with the awards parade at 4:30 PM. At 7:30 PM, thousands of oldies fans celebrate the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s at the Phil Dirt & The Dozers Concert. All proceeds benefit the Arthritis Foundation. Its a two-day event!!

Only two I've found so far, I actually like the idea of the one in Dublin I think it would be a miniature IA with some domestics thrown in, just no track time. I will continue to look though
Old 09-12-2009, 07:20 AM   #12
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Massillon!!! :D (really close to me, lol)

Hot Import Nights comes around here too. Actually, it's in Columbus this weekend.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:50 AM   #13
Greenthunder

I'm actually down for both, I think they're far enough apart that I could save up money to go to both.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #14
Qmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDani View Post
make sure you post if you find an event. im sure hubby would want to come and ill prolly tag along again.
you say that as if the last one was'nt any fun/entertaining

Old 10-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #15
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
I'm in for another meet for sure. Would LOVE it to be closer to Illinois though. Maybe Indianapolis or something near chicago or something.
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #16
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
indianapolis would be good.not too far away for us. no....i had fun last time. i was planning to take him to the museum for our anniversary anyways since he likes planes...
DandiDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #17
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
i, of course, would be ok with an indy meet . if people are interested in a museum-type thing again i know there's the hall of fame museum at the indianapolis motor speedway(it's car-related, but not free). we've also got lots of parks and stuff too if everyone just wants to meet and cookout or whatever. just throwing some ideas out there if indy is more centrally-located for everyone!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #18
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Any one in Indy know when they open up the speedway to the public to allow cars to race on it?