Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-12-2011, 02:47 AM   #1
walt101786

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris Hatch-Back
Spark Plugs

hey guys, as i know that some and many of us here have their own opinion and everything...but here's what i wanna know and willingly to learn....i know for a fact that our yaris comes with iridium plugs....which i know that its pretty good for it as well...but i've been doing some research for sometime already....here's are two of my option, i am thinking of either pulsestar plugs and NGK iridium plugs....so what i am asking is that have anyone are currently using pulsestar plugs? if do any differences? such as hp gains, torque and mpg and so forth...i know that it should help but, all i wanna know is that if anyone of us are using it and notice anything at all...so plz help me out a bit...thanks
walt101786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
Jedz123
Two Wheeled Fiend

Drives: 08 Yaris 2D Lftback 5-speed
Iridium NGKs are by far the best things you can put in any engine. I ran Iridium NGKs in all my cars. I also Run Iridium NGKs (when available) in my Motorcycles as well. I've tried all the "special plugs" out there but the best plugs I've come across are the Iridium NGK's or standard NGKs, the special plugs like quad spark and diamond tipped and all that crap ended up failing me, I got my money back once for a set of Bosch Quad spark for one fouled in 2k miles. Switched to Iridium NGKs and they lasted for the rest of the life of the car!
But for HP even if you were running stock crap Autolites and switch to Iridiums, the only way you'd notice any gains especially in a car is if one of your plugs was fouled out and you were miss firing under load. we are talking 4hp max if that in gains... Not noticeable in a car and barely noticeable on a motorcycle. When I made the switch on the bikes I didn't notice any real gains..
I run Iridium's when I can for they last longer and tend to take abuse better than any other plug out there. But NGKs are the best I've dealt with, if I can't get iridium I always put yellow box (standard) NGKs in.

2008 Suzuki B-King
2001 Yamaha FZ1 (2005 motor swap)
1998 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
1983 Suzuki GR650
2008 Toyota Yaris 2DR HB (The Cage)

Last edited by Jedz123; 12-12-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Jedz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
I'm pretty set with NGK's, I come from rotary world, lol. I only ran them on my rx7. everything else just...sucked.
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote