Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-11-2014, 02:08 AM   #1
docvirus25

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboy View Post
Glad to help. Mine still doesnt work despite working in a different car with stalk switch, although both ours are factory-wired, mine is using a switch. i gave up.

Check the link above.
For those who are installing the aftermarket fog lamps without a factory stalk, you can apply 12vdc tapped from the aftermarket switch and plugged into the fog lamp relay hole underneath the dashboard. Connect to the hole indicated by the green arrow using a spade connector.
Hope this helps all of you out there. Cheers!
docvirus25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:56 PM   #2
Portugal329

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
So the red and white wire is coming from the aftermarket switch is this correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by docvirus25 View Post
For those who are installing the aftermarket fog lamps without a factory stalk, you can apply 12vdc tapped from the aftermarket switch and plugged into the fog lamp relay hole underneath the dashboard. Connect to the hole indicated by the green arrow using a spade connector.
Portugal329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:45 PM   #3
M4One

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
When I was trying to install my fog lights on my 2007 hatch a long time ago, I remember CTScott saying something like how installing them this way was a bad idea because it could screw with the fuel pump or something like that. Has anyone run into any trouble?

I did get my lights working by going through the firewall, which was a pain, and connecting by this method, without connecting to the outside fuse. Something happened and then they did not work anymore and I really didn't have time to try to fix it until now.

I'm looking to start fresh and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good kit that is pretty easy to install. I don't plan on installing the stock. I also have a denso relay from my first attempt.
M4One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #4
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Honestly, one of the best kits would be the micro-image one. It's a shame the're they've closed shop. I was lucky enough to get my hands on one for my '09.
That kit had you plugging the fog lights into a connector in the engine bay fuse box, rather than running a separate wire through the firewall.
Not only that, but it would also illuminate the indicator light in the instrument cluster.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #5
lancepower

Drives: vios 1.3E
Quote:
Hi! What is the big blue wire in the picture use for? I have recently bought an aftermarket fog light for my 2011 vios/yaris, and the technician tapped the wire of the relay of foglight to this big blue wire. It's been a week since my foglights were installed and they are working great. I just wanted to know ( peace of mind also ) that the connections of my fog lights were right.

TIA
lancepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:12 PM   #6
lancepower

Drives: vios 1.3E
oops double post

Last edited by lancepower; 08-26-2015 at 11:56 PM. Reason: double post
lancepower is offline   Reply With Quote