Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #37
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
What did I think ? I found a 93 Toyota Paseo sport for $100 . Thats what I think . Hopefully when december rolls around I will have it ready .....

Thank Loren

How does that movie line go "Just when you thought you were out of it , they pull you back in"
Old 04-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #38
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
While a minivan would be fun in its own way, and would lend itself to all sorts of fun themes... they are big, heavy and not made for racing.
DUH

"Soccer Dads from Hell" comes to mind...
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #39
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTM Yaris View Post
What did I think ? I found a 93 Toyota Paseo sport for $100 . Thats what I think . Hopefully when december rolls around I will have it ready...
That will be an outstanding LeMon! Very lightweight, common Tercel parts fit on it, and it's a Toyota. It's great! Well done.

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #40
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
Now I'm eyeing a yard-rotting AMC Eagle I know in the area in a whole new light... 3000lbs, but 200ft-lbs of AWD...

I just dunno how well a AMC/Jeep 6-banger would survive for hours at WOT, but they're renowned for being durable old pushrod beasties and the one in my family's Jeep Comanche sure has proven that statement so far. Anyone ever being anything powered by that engine line that you know of to a LeMons?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #41
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
DUH

"Soccer Dads from Hell" comes to mind...
historic people carrier races comes to my mind....
Old 04-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #42
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Wolfie, I think the car is a poor choice, AWD = more parts to break. Maybe if the car is FREE... but still... even with a free car, you'll be investing a lot to go racing and take it from me, it sucks to go racing and not get to race because your POS car broke!

But, speaking of straight 6's... Playing with Bimmers has really given me respect for them. I was thinking something like an old slant 6 Dodge Dart would be a great LeMons car! Fairly light and small, stupid simple and reliable.

HTM, you need to step up your schedule and do the New Orleans race in June! I'm itching to do that race, and I don't think my team is doing another one until September. Lemme know. :)

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #43
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
We will be in the later of the two races in California if things go well.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #44
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
Wolfie, I think the car is a poor choice, AWD = more parts to break. Maybe if the car is FREE... but still... even with a free car, you'll be investing a lot to go racing and take it from me, it sucks to go racing and not get to race because your POS car broke!
Point. They're basically just a Gremlin or Spirit with a Jeep Wrangler transfer case, rear driveshaft, and front axle assembly. More appropriate at some kind of dirt-racing event, I'm sure, but they're something I know how to work on already was the other reason I was pondering it.

Gods though... I wouldn't touch a newer Jeep 4.0l head at one of those races, they're Bendix Fuel Injection for most of the ones you can find in junkyards, usually for a reason. Friggin' POS crap makes the 944 I worked on look simple to diagnose.