Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
52 MPG on the way home from church today

I Love my Scan Guage II... I haven't used the trip MPG feature before today and took it real easy on the way home from church and got 52 MPG (part highway, moreso city) ~20 minute trip, maybe a little longer.

It's great to know I can get that from mostly city driving with some stop lights 'n what not.

Scan Guage II easily one of the best investments so far for my Yaris...
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
roadrunner
Yaris Hypermiler

Drives: 2007 Silver Liftback
I too love the ScanGuage II. I have now had mine for close to 3 years, and it has really helped me to get some great mileage in my Yaris HB. Some days on my 20 mile commute to work I get 60 mpg. I have had 57 mpg tanks three times this year, thanks to the ScanGuage II. My brain and the ScanGuage II work together as a team, and it seems to work well.

Last edited by roadrunner; 08-31-2009 at 05:34 PM.
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
yeah.... city driving is the only time I can get 50+.... just gotta find routes with 30-40mph, and make as few stops as possible.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:49 AM   #4
Woody_Woodchuck

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB 5M
Congratulations! It really is amazing the mileage this little thing will produce if you want it to. Sure you have to look at driving in a whole different way to achieve it but it is well worth it. You’ll be good to go when gas goes back up in price again!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
deerebilt

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan S
last weekend on a 40 mi trip my scan gauge II showed avg 64.3 mpg. man that was awesome. get 2 or 30 24 mi trips to work over 60 mpg a week. my last 11 tanks have avg 51+. in 27k mi overall avg is 48..im lovin it
deerebilt is offline   Reply With Quote