Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #19
computerlove87
The Fit is NO!

Drives: '09 3DR "S"|'87 Caddy Brougham
Send a message via MSN to computerlove87
Modern cars barely pollute at all because of organizations like CARB, not in spite of them. I don't think they are in to control for the sake of control like some Orwellian 'ministry of love' LOL. When you drive a modern direct injected car through a really polluted city like Beijing, the gas coming from the tailpipe is cleaner than the air it takes in. IF there were no CARB-like organizations, you can bet on the fact that manufacturers wouldn't give a damn about the air and we would all be living in a victorian-London style 'pea soup' of smog.

I drive my Yaris because it is fun, cheap and fuel efficient, but it's definitely not a fast car when it's stock ...if only every Yaris came with forged rods/pistons and a huge turbo stock

Please ignore the Ferrari

Last edited by computerlove87; 11-03-2010 at 01:30 AM.
computerlove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #20
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerlove87 View Post
Modern cars barely pollute at all because of organizations like CARB, not in spite of them. I don't think they are in to control for the sake of control like some Orwellian 'ministry of love' LOL. When you drive a modern direct injected car through a really polluted city like Beijing, the gas coming from the tailpipe is cleaner than the air it takes in. IF there were no CARB-like organizations, you can bet on the fact that manufacturers wouldn't give a damn about the air and we would all be living in a victorian-London style 'pea soup' of smog.

I drive my Yaris because it is fun, cheap and fuel efficient, but it's definitely not a fast car when it's stock ...if only every Yaris came with forged rods/pistons and a huge turbo stock
please. That smog is not from cars, it is from factories. Automobiles add very little to pollution, and frankly, they simply never have.