Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #397
Captain Slow
My Face Is Ridiculous

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 3dr LB
another good question, how is the positioning of the throttle body as compared to the stock piece? the reason I ask is because I'm not running an SRI or CAI, just the stock box with a TRD filter in it and I'd prefer to keep the stock intake box....but if it has to go I'd like to know about it in advance.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #398
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
If you have/want to swap out your stock box, I have a filter sitting in a closet going unused I'd like to get rid of...

As it is, I'd certainly encourage a more open intake (and ideally TB) as you can REALLY hear the engine, and it's amazing.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #399
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Our intake manifold works perfectly with your stock airbox. We were very careful to make this happen (one reason it took a couple extra prototypes). The throttle body isn't EXACTLY in stock position, but your stock flexible intake hose will make the adjustment just fine.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #400
Captain Slow
My Face Is Ridiculous

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 3dr LB
good to know Garm, I prefer the stock box as it is quieter. I've had far too many cars with roaring loud intakes and am now leaning towards quieter options. thanks.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #401
3cyltrbo

Drives: MR2 Spyd/Type R/Yaris/Civic Si
didn't like 5 or 6 manifolds get sold?, but only 2 people have written about them?

I was hoping to have more feedback.

Will
3cyltrbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #402
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

4 installs have been posted so far. All positive feedback. Is there a question I can answer for you?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:37 AM   #403
skeck
keckbot

Drives: 2007 Blazin' Blue Liftback
Love mine. Going to dyno 3rd week in march. Made appointment today as a matter of fact. Can't wait to see what my camcon will do with this since my camcon has been running in bypass mode waiting for a proper tune. Will keep everyone posted.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:24 AM   #404
4/20 NEVER FORGET

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB MT
I'm waiting to dyno mine until I get my exhaust finished and get a second bung for a wideband installed. Ill hopefully get it done this week, so the dyno will happen sometime after that.

I can say, after driving more, it's definitely improved power around 3-5k rpms. (I have a tach now) I drive some hilly roads regularly and the car pulls more easily up hills than it did before in 3rd and 4th gear. My butt-dyno feels it, it's funner to drive than before so I'm intersted to see what the dyno says.
4/20 NEVER FORGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #405
3cyltrbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
4 installs have been posted so far. All positive feedback. Is there a question I can answer for you?
Thanks Garm,

I guess I want to hear that it will make my life better ( I know thats unreasonable) and re-invent my car. Its alot of money, other than my coilovers and my assorted wheels and tires, its the second most that I would have spent on the car for 1 item and its hard to rationalize to myself for only 1 mod.

I've got a 1zz TB and the plastic intake spacer that you sell, both just waiting for this intake.

I'll get there eventually

When do more come in?

Will
Old 03-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #406
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
I think mine should be approaching the end of it's finishing process!!!

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #407
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ Yes it should! And a few more new ones are going to be shipped next week as well!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #408
jRoss

Drives: 2010 5spd sedan
So this thing is just bolt off, bolt on? I'm definitely considering this mod in the future.
jRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #409
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Yes this would be considered "bolt on."

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #410
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

100% bolt on, and it's a complete kit that includes all the hardware you need for a perfect installation. It will even connect to your stock airbox.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:20 AM   #411
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
In...not as easy as I would have liked but that's because I have an aftermarket hood and a Mishimoto XB radiator. I was able to chop up my old hose which was great, saved me a few bucks. I did have to cut and reshape/weld the hood latch point on the MI carbon hood, the shape was off from OEM to begin with(this one a large square shape), it wasn't an issue until I had to route the coolant line. The bar was pinching the upper hose shut against the manifold. I just cut a 45 degree piece off, hammered/ground it a little and welded it flipped over, cleaned up the welds and hit it with some rattle can.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #412
3cyltrbo

And?

how does it feel
Old 04-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #413
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
like cold metal, how else would it feel? :P
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #414
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

LOL