Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-16-2010, 03:06 AM   #1
ammophobia

Drives: 2007 Vios (Yaris Sedan)
What are these parts called?

Well, I got into a minor accident a few months ago, damage was on the car's front, insurance took care of it and it was repaired at a body repair shop. Things was okay, just bodywork, no damage to the radiator, no harm to the radiator or engine. Yesterday I was taking the car to replace the HID system (it came stock with the HID, it's been 3.5 years and the bulbs are starting to die). While the mechanics was replacing it, the front bumper was taken off and I saw some parts of the car (feels like it's made from plastic) look like they're chewed. Probably because of the impact of the collision. The steel frames were okay but these plastic parts can't withstand the impact. Here are the pictures:

What are the names of the black plastic parts that I circled red in the picture? Part numbers would help too. And do the middle one and the side one have different part numbers? Should I replace them or should I just ignore them?

I also would like to ask, which one of these two is the airbag sensor?

By the way, the HID work was pretty neat, here's the end result:

Help would be much appreciated. Thank you very much :).
ammophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:08 AM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Middle piece in the first pic is called a radiator support upper absorber. The side pieces are called radiator side air seals.

I'd get the upper absorber replaced asap as the next fender bender might cause damage to the radiator or the frame since that piece will no longer function as it's suppose to (absorb the impact).
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:14 AM   #3
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
The third picture (the first pic after you ask about the airbag sensor) is the airbag sensor.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:13 AM   #4
BLH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
The white two wire module in the forth picture is a big power resistor.

It is in series with the radiator fan when running in the low speed position. Part of the 12 volts DC is dropped by this resistor and the fan motor gets a lower than 12 volts to run.

If the car ever gets hot enough to go into fast fan speed. A relay switches it out of the circuit and the fan get full 12 volts.
BLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The middle part is the absorber, radiator support, upper (52617-52030)
The left side part is the seal, radiator side air, No. 2 (53286-52180)

As a side note, on the Yaris you can tell what components are part of the SRS system by the yellow connectors.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
ammophobia

Drives: 2007 Vios (Yaris Sedan)
Okay, thank you very much everybody, I really appreciate the help :)
ammophobia is offline   Reply With Quote