Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #73
thorasaurus

Drives: Charcoal '08 sedan
Actually you were right. The constant 12v works there so I hooked in the violets and the red there and the dealer suggested it might be the ground so I put all three of those together on the ground. Still only locks and doesn't unlock or vice-versa. So close.

Does it matter that the ground isn't a ring? I got one of those U-shaped connectors. I can buy a ring if need be but I didn't think it was a big deal. Otherwise I'm just cruising forums looking for someone with the same problem.

Should I try using the violet wires or the brown/black and white black as the lock/unlock wires instead? That doesn't really make sense but the manual says polarity could be the problem so... I'm lost.
thorasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #74
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorasaurus View Post
Actually you were right. The constant 12v works there so I hooked in the violets and the red there and the dealer suggested it might be the ground so I put all three of those together on the ground. Still only locks and doesn't unlock or vice-versa. So close.

Does it matter that the ground isn't a ring? I got one of those U-shaped connectors. I can buy a ring if need be but I didn't think it was a big deal. Otherwise I'm just cruising forums looking for someone with the same problem.

Should I try using the violet wires or the brown/black and white black as the lock/unlock wires instead? That doesn't really make sense but the manual says polarity could be the problem so... I'm lost.
I don't understand what you mean by "I put all three of those together on the ground". Do you mean Black, Brown/Black and White/Black? (since they are the only wires that should be grounded).

A ring terminal doesn't matter as long as you are on a solid ground (for example the bolt under the driver's kick panel).

With the actuators, are they two wire? If so, Blue/Black should go to one of the two wires and Green/Black to the other.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #75
thorasaurus

Yeah, sorry for not being clear. I wrapped black, black/white, and brown/black and put them into a u-shaped connector and then connected it to the ground bolt.

I'm thinking if maybe somehow there's not a good connection with the pink ignition cable, maybe the remote is programmed incorrectly. I'll figure something out hopefully.

And yeah, they are two wire actuators.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #76
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorasaurus View Post
Yeah, sorry for not being clear. I wrapped black, black/white, and brown/black and put them into a u-shaped connector and then connected it to the ground bolt.

I'm thinking if maybe somehow there's not a good connection with the pink ignition cable, maybe the remote is programmed incorrectly. I'll figure something out hopefully.

And yeah, they are two wire actuators.
I don't think so on the programming.

Disconnect the blue/black and green black wires from the actuators and measure the voltage between them.

It should be 0V with no button pressed and the +12 when one button (lock/unlock) is pressed and -12 when the other lock/unlock is pressed.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #77
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
how many parts are used in the coilibri kit? im finding all sorts of kits places, but none that have as many washers and brackets as that kit. how many are actually needed?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #78
thorasaurus

Hey, good news! I got everything up and working. Turns out the tap splice to the ignition wire wasn't a good connection so while I had thought I had programmed it, I obviously hadn't. So once I got that programmed it now locks and unlocks. Hooray.

Time to tape everything up and put it back together.

Now to name my first child CT or Scott, kidding...
Old 10-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #79
thorasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickleTimeTim View Post
how many parts are used in the coilibri kit? im finding all sorts of kits places, but none that have as many washers and brackets as that kit. how many are actually needed?
I got mine off fleabay but if you're going with A1, you'll need this kit I'm pretty sure (LINK) if you have a sedan; the two-door version if you have a coupe.

The yaris has cable-pull locks so you need special brackets to hold the cable sheath stationary while the actuator moves the cable (see the first post). That's what all the parts are for.

Good luck.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #80
Pitt Yaris

Drives: Flint Mica Sedan
Bought this kit and it came today. Took me four hours to do the first door, lol. Do the doors not lock or unlock after you have the kit completely assembled and tightened down? I only have the rear left door done, and the lock doesn't move when trying to do it manually.
Pitt Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #81
Pitt Yaris

Well I got all my actuators, etc working. My question is. Where did you connect the red power wire to? The battery or is there somewhere under the dash I can connect it?
Old 11-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #82
Pitt Yaris

Basically I can't figure out which open spot in the fuse box, under the dash to use to get the constant 12v of power.....???
Old 11-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #83
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Check out my remote start DIY for a good location for a high current constant +12:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24860
Old 11-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #84
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
hell might as well fatmat that door for a quieter ride ;P
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #85
Pitt Yaris

Well I finally finished installing the power locks and keyless entry. So far so good. Just hoping the lock cable doesn't snap anytime soon.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #86
MyzticZ3r0

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
How much more difficult is it to install the security system if I ordered the package from A1electric with it?

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...Code=W01F-740T
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #87
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzticZ3r0 View Post
How much more difficult is it to install the security system if I ordered the package from A1electric with it?

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...Code=W01F-740T
I just recently installed a power lock kit with remote entry from A1electric and a power window kit from another vendor. Installing the actuators is the easy part, as compared with installing the keyless entry, remote start, or alarm module.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #88
MyzticZ3r0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I just recently installed a power lock kit with remote entry from A1electric and a power window kit from another vendor. Installing the actuators is the easy part, as compared with installing the keyless entry, remote start, or alarm module.
From pictures, the actuators do look simple enough to install! The choice of installing an alarm, along with the power lock kit, is tempting! I *feel* like I can install the actuators, however, when it comes to an alarm, that is where I'm a bit weary. I think I'm going to order the power window kit and the power lock kit from a1electric sometime this week. I figured if I have the door panel off already, why not do both at the same time? At the same time, am I biting off more than I can chew?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #89
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzticZ3r0 View Post
From pictures, the actuators do look simple enough to install! The choice of installing an alarm, along with the power lock kit, is tempting! I *feel* like I can install the actuators, however, when it comes to an alarm, that is where I'm a bit weary. I think I'm going to order the power window kit and the power lock kit from a1electric sometime this week. I figured if I have the door panel off already, why not do both at the same time? At the same time, am I biting off more than I can chew?
It definitely makes sense to do them at the same time, and the wiring is really pretty easy. I can walk you through any questions that you run into.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #90
MyzticZ3r0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
It definitely makes sense to do them at the same time, and the wiring is really pretty easy. I can walk you through any questions that you run into.
Thanks Scott! It's appreciated. I pulled the trigger - now the waiting game ^^"