Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Yaris TS Talk
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shtou View Post
thank you very much for your help.my car has 21k km and 2 and 1/2 years old.i prepare to make oil change and brake liquid soon,because soon it will be 1 year since last oil change.now i ask you if you recommend me to change the transmission oil or wait until 60k km or 4 years as manual said?also i'am waiting for my bank card to buy one crank pulley.do you really feel some gains improvement?i try to find here in Romania the brake liqiud you recommend me (ATE blue) but i cannot find .i can buy very cheap Toyota dot 5.1 brake liqiud (10$ -2 Litters)
You don't really need to change your transmission oil now. I did it because I drive my car really hard so I always use the best available synthetic fluids such as Mobil 1 or Amsoil or Motul to add some extra wear protection.

If you don't abuse your car as I do just stick with the recommended factory intervals. That's all the car really needs under regular driving conditions.

I just feel better about my tranny knowing that I have the best quality liquid in there ; )

Regarding the brake fluid...

ATE super racing blue DOT4 is made in Germany and used by many sport European cars. I sure you should be able to get it in your country. Just ask on any Mercedes dealer.
You should also be able to use MOTUL RBF600. That is also made in Europe!
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote