Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
lapop
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 2010 hb 5drs
New Yaris owner, new to car audio :) Need speaker advice please

First of all, hello everyone! I've been the proud owner of a brand new 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback LE (5 doors) for almost a week now and I am crazy in love with it!

Being a musician and music lover, the stock audio system wasn't doing the trick so I bought myself a JVC KD-R810 ( http://www.mobile.jvc.com/product.js...thId=54&page=1 ) for a very acceptable price and it seemed to me like a good pick.

So far I am very satisfied with the upgrade even with the stock speakers. Obviously they are next on the list.

Now, I was wondering if speakers upgrades depended on the type of music you listen to. I am into punk/hardcore/indie music and it obviously has a different sound than electronic/techno/dance music.

Does anyone have any tips or pointers as to what I should be looking for in my search for speaker upgrades?

Thank you!
lapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
Alien Mantis
Secret Agent

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Anything is better than the stock speakers in a Yaris.

Since you listen to music that is compressed and distorted, you don't need to worry about trying to accurately reproduce the ultra-fine nuances of other types of recorded music, such as jazz or orchestra.

Are you going to buy an AMP, or run your new speakers off your deck power only?

Too many choices to even give you any recommendations at this point.

Do some research on the internet, and let us know what interests you.
Lots of people on this forum can help narrow things down for you, but you have to do some research on your own first.

Good luck.

Tags
audio, head unit, jvc, speakers