Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-29-2006, 06:20 AM   #1
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
My Yaris - Stage II

At last, got the car back from the workshop

So what do we have here?

First of all, no more mushy brakes, at least at the front:

Man, do those things make a difference!

Secondly, let's give that rear end a bit more class, RS-style:

Now that's sexy!

Third, we need to be better seated:

Nice and low, good support, and still practical (note: the harness is the only one they had in stock, it's a bit weird but will do for now)

Next, a bit more information and toys for the driver:

What's been added is an apexi Rev/Speed Meter, black edition, for a lot more information about the goings on under the hood. There's also a Tein EDFC to adjust the suspension damping force independently for front and back, so you can have either a smoother ride, or a harsher, more responsive one...

These are the servos for the EDFC:

And to finish off, a bit of sweet sound for the ears, with a Pioneer double-DIN DVD player/screen, with the optional iPod adapter, as well as the Vehicle Dynamics Processor, which gives a lot of interesting information on lateral and longitudinal G's, horsepower and torque calculation, etc.

You can also see the rear view camera on the back picture higher up (mounted on the license plate frame).

There's two amps (Aczon, not exactly a well-known brand ) under the seats, and speakers are Boston Acoustics S60's, hidden in the door panels, with a 10" sub at the back and tweeters on the dash up front:

So, there we go, I'm pretty sure this is all I'll be doing to this car (until stage III, who knows what that'll bring???? )

Bye bye 1NZ...

Last edited by eTiMaGo; 05-29-2010 at 12:13 PM.
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:47 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
There are more exterior pics in my Garage, or in this thread:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2101
Old 10-29-2006, 07:34 AM   #3
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Holy Shmoly!
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:36 AM   #4
bugnuts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback BBP
Hey, How is that sub box set up? Is it fiberglass in the spare tire well or something freeair, Got any pics of that area? I am getting ready to put three amps and a 10" sub in a fiberglass enclosure, I want it all to be real stealth just like what you got going on. That cluster on the dash blends with the rest of the factory guages great!
bugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

The whole shelf is basically re-done with MDF, the spare wheel is still there and accessible if needed. I'll have to pry it open and take some underneath pics tomorrow

And yeah, the dash is a pretty busy place... I realise we could have mounted the TEIN box in the driver's glove compartment actually... nevermind

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 10-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #6
riceboy

Drives: icebox
wow... eh what is it that you do over in thailand?? very nice... very impressive... man.... i'm jealous....
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:22 AM   #7
Ryosuke

Drives: yaris
Oh man... that yaris is becoming more awesome! congrats!

I love that seats
Old 10-29-2006, 11:27 AM   #8
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

haha thanks Ryosuke... You have the same Pioneer head unit, if I am not mistaken, right? Seats are nice, not uncomfortable, and a lot lower! I almost have trouble seeing over the dashboard! The advantage, though, is that a short shifter would be the perfect height now... hmmmmmmm...

oh and riceboy, I'm a grade A pimp selling out canadian a$$, interested to work for me?

think of it this way... other people in my position would be driving a Lexus or BMW or something fancy like that... I just went a different route, getting a car with a LOT more attitude at a much lower price

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 10-29-2006, 12:13 PM   #9
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Hahaha, holy shit dude that is a lot of dough. Those seats are hot.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:31 PM   #10
skc

Drives: White5drRS
wow ur car is soooo sexy..
keep up the good work
skc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:43 PM   #11
tca4

Drives: Yaris RS (white)
haha so.....whats for stage 3? Blitz compressor? :D im jealous too !!! GRR =P how much did u pay for that rear bumper??
tca4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #12
Yaris2nv

Drives: 07 Yaris Blazing Blue Metallic
HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatcha have for us next week?
Yaris2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:45 PM   #13
Teruyume

Drives: 06 Yaris RS
Send a message via MSN to Teruyume
that's really nice

just wondering where u get those brakes .
GP Racing GR-6 15x7
Kumho Ecsta AST 195/50R15
Tanabe DF210
JDM LED Tail lights
Teruyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:54 PM   #14
riceboy

Drives: icebox
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo
oh and riceboy, I'm a grade A pimp selling out canadian a$$, interested to work for me?
LOL... never looking to work for, but if you need a partner to help sling ass over in Thailand lemme know.....

The car looks great though... keep up the good work.... how come you didn't go with that TRDesque gauge cluster though?
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:26 PM   #15
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Stage III will be horsepower upgrades.

I'm still not sure which route to go, turbo, supercharger or straight out engine swap. Each of those have their advantages and drawbacks, I'm leaning toward the engine swap, it's actually not too expensive but the car will be at the garage for close to a month. But, it will bring at least 200whp pretty much guaranteed, on a stock engine, meaning that there'll still be room for even more power. Drag Yaris anyone?

Turbo would be the cheapest and fastest, but due to the engine's high compression, I'd be limited in terms of boost, so we'd probably be looking at about 120-140 whp (remember Toyota's quoted 109hp for the 1NZ-FE is at the crank, at the wheels it's closer to 80whp), plus it would not improve torque much at lower RPMs, which is where it would be really useful.

Supercharger would be the most elegant solution, but also the most expensive here, so it's the least likely :(

So I dunno yet... won't be for a while anyway... Might have a couple minor mods first, HIDs, LED parking/brake lights, etc...

Why no TRD-esque gauge cluster? Couldn't find one here, original's a ripoff, I already have three things to tell me engine RPM's (factory tach, Rev/Speed Meter, and the Pioneer VDP... and people in the US complain of not having a tach... )

Rear bumper including all the lighting (fog lamps and license plate lights sold separately of course) was close to US$400. worth every penny though

Oh and the brakes are by e'spec, a japanese company that does not seem too well known outside of that country (can't even find their website), but the workshop here carries a lot of their products. Great performance at half the price of Brembo or Endless...

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 10-29-2006, 10:49 PM   #16
mhero

Drives: Yaris 5Dr.
Wow ... seems like you modify car for a living ...
nice ride all over
mhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:25 PM   #17
Fred2006

Drives: Yaris 06
Nice seat
Nice Head unit
Nice trunk
nice gauges

Every thing is so hot in your car!! I have to moove up in Tailand!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 04:42 AM   #18
PL@ZA

Drives: YARIS
อยากเห็นรูปรถเต็มๆครับ
PL@ZA is offline   Reply With Quote