Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-26-2011, 04:05 AM   #1
NewToyotaYarisOwner
I've made a post!

Drives: 2010 Yaris
Amp Question

Hi,

So i just got a 2010 2 door hatchback yaris and was wondering about its sound system. I've been reading about getting an Amplifer but aren't sure if i'd need one. I've boughten a new pair of rear speakers that say the max watts is 180, and the nominal is 30. The front door speakers say the normal watt is 25 and max is 140. So my question is, whats the normal watt power for the stock car? I'd rather not buy an amp unless its needed....

Thanks!
NewToyotaYarisOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
The factory radio is about 8 watts. Look at those magnets on back...cute little farts aren't they,lol
Old 11-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
And how do you like your new toy? Ever spent time in a previous version. Curious on comparisons.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToyotaYarisOwner View Post
Hi,

So i just got a 2010 2 door hatchback yaris and was wondering about its sound system. I've been reading about getting an Amplifer but aren't sure if i'd need one. I've boughten a new pair of rear speakers that say the max watts is 180, and the nominal is 30. The front door speakers say the normal watt is 25 and max is 140. So my question is, whats the normal watt power for the stock car? I'd rather not buy an amp unless its needed....

Thanks!
I have a 2009 2DHB.. the stock HU is quite qood in terms of sound quality and rated power.. you can use it to power your rear speakers.. nominal rated RMS power of the speakers means pretty much nothing.. a speaker is, simply speaking, a motor which performs in accordance with the power supplied to it.. the stock unit has enough power to supply to your rear speakers.. my guess it is about 10 -15 watts RMS per channel .. of course, adding amplifier and a better head unit would be good.. but incrimental improvement in sound quality migh not be that noticeable from your point of view.

your HU is like this one?

http://photo.qip.ru/users/tolmach/96608749/125637616/
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:21 AM   #5
jlanglois

Drives: 2009 Yaris
I added a really simple setup of Polk db651's in the front and polk db521's in the back with a simple fosgate amp that i tucked under the passenger seat and wowow... the difference was like night and day..the only problem i ran into was that the entire damn car shakes... so i have to spend a bit more and pick up a box of RAAMmat and do the front doors and rear side panels... took a few hours worth of work to get most of it in there but man i tell ya..the result was so worth it.
jlanglois is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amplifer, speakers