Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #37
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
When I said smooth, I meant like a milky feeling, not only smooth. And I have never clay barred the car. I didnt see a reason to do so right now as the paint is fresh on both cars, about a month or two most.

I tried the NXT on my laptop, and it did not make the surface milky as I thought(meaning the fingers easily move on it and not stick) But it did come out VERY shinny lol.

I will look at the car in the sun shortly and I will determine how it looks/take a picture or two, and if all is good, Im wiping it down, and then using the meguiar's carnauba wax.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #38
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Ok, I did the Carnauba Wax today on top of the NXT, and it looks nice, and feels nice too. Not as slikly as just the carnauba I did the first time a week ago, but definitely great.

I really liked how the water just came right off the car when I took a hose with warm water to the car today before wiping it down.

Now with the other wax, it should stay good for a while. Maybe next week I will wash and wax my car again!, but for now, its too much work to keep doing this all back to back.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #39
vboy127

Drives: 2002 Honda Civic Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafiro View Post
Ok, I did the Carnauba Wax today on top of the NXT, and it looks nice, and feels nice too. Not as slikly as just the carnauba I did the first time a week ago, but definitely great.

I really liked how the water just came right off the car when I took a hose with warm water to the car today before wiping it down.

Now with the other wax, it should stay good for a while. Maybe next week I will wash and wax my car again!, but for now, its too much work to keep doing this all back to back.
hmm, i'm wondering why it isn't as smooth tho, nonetheless, the NXT will act as a good sealant for a long while. Water beading on the paint surface means you've got a good coat of wax on there. lol, a 3rd coat? thats just added protection, but a bit overkill imo. haha. Ahhh, i wanna wash and wax my car, but stinkin Utah weather... 30-40 degree weather FTL!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:45 AM   #40
Damo

Drives: 2011 Yaris 3-Door Hatch white
^ It could go the other way , though!

Here in Perth, Western Australia, its been hovering around 35 celsius for over 2 months now and we havent seen rain in over 75 days!
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:35 AM   #41
Steve L.

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 3 door
Ice is what I used. It is the best and easy wax polish I have ever used. You can use it in the sun or the shade. It is great!
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #42
Reebirt
Yota

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5 door Hatchback
Question Black car polish?

I am the owner of a new black 2010 5 door HB Yaris. I am not sure what to use to keep it looking new. I've heard rumor of car polish specifically for black paint. I cannot seem to find anything of the sort.
I hope someone knows of some magic product that will repel dust, and rain drop markings.
Also, has anyone else thought the hood deflector was a brilliant idea until it came time for a wash and dry? Am I supposed to take it off every time?
Reebirt is offline   Reply With Quote