Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-29-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
suttonschinook

Drives: Swapped 2000 2.5rs
Hello and some questions for you.....

Hello everyone! I found this site while researching the Yaris and I am glad I found it. I have been lurking around here for about a week now and have been reading almost every thread. Right now I drive a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS with a 03 WRX motor swap. I am almost certain that my next car with be a Yaris LB. There are just a couple of questions that I have before I make my final decision. I am looking at the Yaris mainly as a cheap fun track car.

Are there any other seats be it OEM or aftermarket that swap into the yaris to lower the seat some and let it slide back anymore? I searched around the forums here and saw that Celica seats would swap in but I need to know if they would be lower or slide back any more. The reason I am asking is that I am 6' 8". I have seen people here on the forums range from 6' 0" to 6' 5" and fit fine but I would like to have a bit more room than I would with the stock seats.

Second question, does anyone make a steering wheel hub adapter that has the fix for the airbag light? I have a Daikei hub in the suby and it came with the fix and kept everything working as it should, like the horn.

Third, does anyone here have the HKS coilover kit installed in their Yaris? I searched around the net for reviews on them and have yet to find any. I see the spring rates are pretty high which wouldn't bother me driving around town but I have no idea how these coilovers feel on the track.

Sorry for the long post but I am really interested in the Yaris and if I can sort these few things out I will almost certainly be purchasing one shortly. Thanks for your help! Evan
suttonschinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
Welcome. I'm 6' and find it a tad small. Don't know about another 8". As for the seat, why not get a racing seat? They're low. But I agree. These seats are terrible at adjusting.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
suttonschinook

I was also considering getting some recaros or something along those lines. Is there anything different between the seat rails for the sedan and those for the LB? I know the sedan has 2 inches more leg room and it fit better but I am set on a LB.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:54 PM   #4
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Have you looked into soemthing like NAMS ultra low profile seat rails to mount new bucket seat?
Old 06-30-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
suttonschinook

Yes I did. They don't have a listing the NCP9* though, only for a NCP13. Are the seat rails the same on both versions? If so that solves problem with seats which is the major concern of mine. Can anyone else shine some light on any of the other questions I have? Thanks for your help! Evan
Old 07-03-2007, 12:08 AM   #6
suttonschinook

Just in case anyone was looking for seat rails like I am, I emailed a company called memoryfab and found out they make SUPER low rails for the Yaris. I am really close to going down to the local dealership and ordering the Yaris! Just need to figure out a couple more things. Here is a copy of the email they sent me.... Evan

"Hi there,
We do produce seat rails for your car but there is a 4-6 week wait time to have them made in Japan and shipped over here. Please give us a call if you have any other questions or would like to place an order.
--
Sales Staff
--
Please do not reply back to this address since it is only used to relay support answers and news.
Please use our contact info below for further questions or orders.
--
Memoryfab.com
TEL 510.489.5866
Open M-F 9:00am-5:30pm
Old 07-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #7
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by suttonschinook View Post
Just in case anyone was looking for seat rails like I am, I emailed a company called memoryfab and found out they make SUPER low rails for the Yaris. I am really close to going down to the local dealership and ordering the Yaris! Just need to figure out a couple more things. Here is a copy of the email they sent me.... Evan

"Hi there,
We do produce seat rails for your car but there is a 4-6 week wait time to have them made in Japan and shipped over here. Please give us a call if you have any other questions or would like to place an order.
--
Sales Staff
--
Please do not reply back to this address since it is only used to relay support answers and news.
Please use our contact info below for further questions or orders.
--
Memoryfab.com
TEL 510.489.5866
Open M-F 9:00am-5:30pm
That's cool maybe we could do a group buy on the rails and get a good deal?

I woul dbe very interested in somethin glower myself and I'm only 6'1

Why dont you just take the front seats out and sit in the bench??
Old 07-03-2007, 07:04 AM   #8
suttonschinook

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
Why dont you just take the front seats out and sit in the bench??
ROFL, Why is it when I told my buddies about getting a Yaris they said the same thing!? People are always like your a tall dude, why don't you buy a truck or something........ Does seem rather funny that a really tall guy like me loves small compact cars. I am really starting to think that if I get a Yaris it will be the most fun of any car I have owned! Evan
Old 07-03-2007, 08:18 AM   #9
njyaris
YARIS NEWBIE

Drives: YARIS 07 LIFTBACK
Send a message via AIM to njyaris Send a message via Yahoo to njyaris
dude im 6"1 .. and fitting fine .. but your like YAOMING hehehe
Old 07-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #10
JosephDoc

Drives: 07 Yaris 3D
1. Yes that there are aftermarket seats for LB. Recaro, Bride, C-One, Blitz are all making it.
2. Yes there are aftermarket steering wheel hub. Signal and Works Bell have it.
3. I don't know if any of us uses HKS. The only HKS model for it is the S-Compact... $1,600 . Let us know the outcome when you are on it.

God bless your bucks, and you should get HyperRev#108 if you want to go deep.
JosephDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:15 PM   #11
suttonschinook

1. Yeah I have found a bunch of seats but the brackets is the biggest issue. I know they lower the seat just wondering if they allow the seat to slide back any further, which I don't think I'll know until I accually have a Yaris and the brackets in hand. (You think a otherwise stock Yaris with Recaro's installed will look funny? lol)
2. Have any links to the hubs?
3. Well hopefully I can find a review that someone did somewhere in this world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephDoc View Post
God bless your bucks, and you should get HyperRev#108 if you want to go deep.
Yeah the HKS's are pretty steep but my previous cars have had just springs and struts or coilovers with fixed dampening. So if I do end up with a Yaris I think it's time for me to step it up to fully adjustable coilovers. Thanks to everyone with all their help so far! I really appreciate it! Evan