Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-31-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
September 2009 - DFW Yaris Yak

Howdy folks,

It's that time of the month again and here's the start of a new thread to discuss what we'd like to get together and do. There's been a lot of talk between the DFW group and some Yaris folks from points south and I personally would love to see a meet happen further south so that we can all be included.

On I-45 between Dallas and Houston, I think the halfway point is Centerville or Madisonville. These might not be exactly halfway but they're close enough when I look at the map.

On I-35 between Dallas and San Antonio, I think the halfway point is close to Temple which is south of Waco and North of Georgetown. Again, that might not be exactly halfway but it's close. I personally have never been to San Antonio even though I was born and raised in the Dallas area. I'd love to make a swing down there one weekend and annoy the residents of that fine Texas town.

>>Here<< is a website that lists several car shows and swap meets in Texas. Start at the top and scroll down until you find dates for September. If you'd like to suggest one of these, please feel free to reply with the name, date and location of the show.

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike & NST!!!! - Does NST have anything planned for this month? If so, let us know so we can crash your party. After my goof last month, I'm not posting any NST events until you say so Mike.

Porsche Club has some events this month as well if anyone's interested.

September 5th & 6th:
- 5th: Open
- 6th: Open
- 7th: Labor Day - might be a busy weekend of traveling for some.

September 12th & 13th:
- 11th: Patriot Day - might be a busy weekend of traveling for some.
- 12th: Open
- 13th: Grandparents Day - Put grandma & grandpa in the trailer and bring'em along.

September 19th & 20th:
- 19th: Rosh Hashanah - might be a busy weekend of traveling for some.
- 20th: Open - Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #7 - Pennington Field - Bedford Texas

September 26th & 27th:
- 26th: Open
- 27th: Open
- 28th: Yom Kippur - might be a busy weekend of traveling for some.

That's all I have right now folks. If anyone has a suggestion, please feel free to post here in a reply or you can PM me if you want.

Thank you and have a great month,

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
What are you overall thoughts about a semi-state wide Yaris Yak at LRR's house?
Old 08-31-2009, 11:36 PM   #3
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
I'm game.. SaerinRhoe check out www.DFWautocross.com there are alot of other races on there.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
I'm in for a meet-up, though I like to keep it simple until we see how many folks are actually going to show. Generally, a public place draws more people than someone's house, since most of us are actually strangers. :)

I'll again suggest a weeknight GTG in DFW for a quick burger/beer type of thing. Keller's in Dallas is perfect for such things, and is used by many other groups (including the DFW Miatas, so I've been many times.) Extremely cheap beer, burgers (yummy!), sodas and other snacky stuff. Gobs of parking so we cna stand around and stare at the cars. Just let me what day is ok for most, and shoot for 7:00pm for an hour or 2.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Hmmm... Which Keller's because the one off I-35W is the on that SaerinRhoe's car got wrecked leaving there. We may aloso have to find something a little further the the west than that because we have owners in Coppell, Arlington, Fort Worth, Dallas, Euless, and Garland.. I accept that I have to drive further because I live further out but I'm ok with that and if need be Keller's is fine for me too!! If everyone likes Mexican food gokart_ride frequents a place by the stadiums. How late are they open gokart?
Old 09-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #6
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
There are 3 Kellers Drive In locations in Dallas that I can find on Google. I'm available to meet at any of these but they are all on the East side of Dallas so it's a bit of a drive for LazerDot and even further for LRR.

10544 Harry Hines Blvd. (This is the one where Bulls-Eye was wrecked after the meet.)
Dallas, Tx
214-357-3572

10226 Garland Rd. (I didn't know this was so close to my house.)
Dallas, Tx
214-319-6060

Northwest Hwy & Abrams Rd. (This is the first one we went to.)
Dallas, Tx

Maybe we should hunt around for something in the Arlington area. We don't even need a place exactly like Keller's really, we could use a Sonic and take up half the spaces. As long as we're not rowdy and we buy food then they shouldn't have any trouble with us hanging out for a bit.

I'm also willing to drive a bit south for a meet as well. We could take over a Sonic in or show up in force to an Auto-X as Ozmdd suggested. I would definitely love to meet some of the folks from points south and I'll do just about anything to make it happen. If you wonder what 'just about anything' means, ask LRR, he was there and witnessed a couple of things.

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #7
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

I would love to have a bunch of Yarii out at an auto-x but gokart ride doesn't like the races and car shows "crowd". We were also talking about the date of theTexas meet in Oct. so lets focus on ours.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
Slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredrocket View Post
We were also talking about the date of theTexas meet in Oct. so lets focus on ours.
Ours being the other thread or Sept Yaris Yak? Well, i'm up for anything. However, the reason why we are planning something at LRR's house is because of the people that may show up that have to drive ~4 hours to get there. A 4 hour drive to a Sonic for 2 hours is a bit of pita you know. Not that i'm already trying to throw a wrench or anything.

I think i'm mixing two threads
Old 09-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #9
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

It's ok didn't mean to confuse anyone this is the thread for the DFW Sept YY. We are going to be having the Texas meet in October. So in the mean time you guys could have one down there to meet each other and organize the trip up to see who want to come.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #10
Slick

Ha Ha, a H-town Yak? I'm too lazy to go into all the details like SR does lol. Soo, SR, you wanna make a H-town Yaris Yak for us? :P
Maybe xxae07xx, custom Lftback, and I could me in Kingwood or Humble? Hmm?
Old 09-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #11
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

I just made plans with frownonfun to install his supercharger the weekend of the 19th. So if you guys want to meet another owner and see the install come on over. Haha. Anyone is welcome to come over if you like but lets not turn it into this months YY. Unless that all we can come up with.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #12
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Here is the event!!!!

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...003#post379003