Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #19
NEexpat

Drives: 2009, auto, 4dr LB
Went in at 0730 out at 0930. Oil &Filter change and both recall issues. No noticeable difference in seat rails, or locking mechanism.

Oh yes, they told me that my serpentine was cracked and my air filter was filthy. I said, "Thank you not today". $169 for the belt, $38 for the filter. Filter was replaced at 36k.

As soon as I said "yeah, not today" they couldn't get me out of there fast enough, no oil change sticker on the windshield, didn't even reset the maint req. light. Very much unlike them, not sure what happened today.

When I got home I thought I would look at the belt just for the hell of it, looks fine to me It started raining hard so I didn't open the air cleaner box. It's possible the air filter is dirty. I did pull the stick and check the oil was new. lol

I'll take a pic of the belt if it stops raining.
NEexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #20
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Sounds like bill padding to me. Especially at $169 for a belt change! Yikes!
Old 04-07-2015, 11:39 AM   #21
chrisgblues

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
I got the recall done on the driver's side seat rail and now I notice that the seat is squeaky. It doesn't squeak when I adjust it, but I notice when I sit down or when my weight shifts (while driving around tight corners) it will squeak every time. It never did that prior to the recall. Anyone else notice this?
chrisgblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:44 PM   #22
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
I$ havnt had any recalls done at all and everything is hunky dory.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:52 PM   #23
andulong

Drives: 2008 Hatch Red
I too am holding out on having the recall work done. Seats seem fine and the airbag light is not on. If it ever comes on, then it is going in, recall should cover it. If you have squeaky seat rails maybe try a little lube up under the seat on the rails to try to quiet them. They should probably take care of that when the seats are out.
andulong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:04 PM   #24
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by andulong View Post
I too am holding out on having the recall work done. Seats seem fine and the airbag light is not on. If it ever comes on, then it is going in, recall should cover it. If you have squeaky seat rails maybe try a little lube up under the seat on the rails to try to quiet them. They should probably take care of that when the seats are out.
It's free also not forever get it done , spiral cable takes 10 to 15 min seat rail 30 min .....dont get why u would not.
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:06 PM   #25
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgblues View Post
I got the recall done on the driver's side seat rail and now I notice that the seat is squeaky. It doesn't squeak when I adjust it, but I notice when I sit down or when my weight shifts (while driving around tight corners) it will squeak every time. It never did that prior to the recall. Anyone else notice this?
No I have no problems with mine had both done I drive a HB ...did it myself also spiral cable under the recall was great cos nothing better than working on ur own car and getting paid for the job lol
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:23 PM   #26
mimelio

Drives: NOTHING
Got both seat tracks and spiral cable replaced last year.
mimelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:09 AM   #27
Yaris_Mac

Drives: Gas saver
Hi,

So the recall is just for the drivers side rails? Is there any recall for the passenger side? I took mine last year sometime during summer and ever since then, the passenger side rail was never the same. It doesn't slide smoothly. You have to really push it hard (with force) for it to move and it also never feels like it locks in place. Sometimes when I slam my brakes (sudden stops), the passenger seat would slide forward. I took it back to the dealership and was told that they fixed it already but it still feels the same. I'm going back tomorrow night o have them check it again if somehow they changed the passenger as opposed to the drivers side.
Yaris_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:01 AM   #28
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
This is one of the reasons why I haven't taken my Yaris into the dealership to have it done. If I ever have an issue with my seat track then I'll take it in with the letter I got about the re call. As for now it is functioning fine so I'd rather not have anyone but me start going about my car.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:12 AM   #29
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
If you don't slide it all the time, it won't fail.

It's just because some people cannot get in and out without sliding it, and those wear prematurely and breaks the locking mechanism.

But the new rail locking mechanism is really stiff compared to the of one. I am not sure why you have issues with the passenger side though..

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2016, 07:55 PM   #30
Yaris_Mac

Drives: Gas saver
I dropped it off this morning and according the the service tech, there is a recall for both seat rails. They found out that the sliders were installed wrong so they redid it. I will check it out tonight when I pick it up. It took them all day to get that fix (including oil change) but then again, I filed a complained to their Service Manager to get this shit fix since it's the 3rd time I sent it and all they did was put a f'n grease on the sliders. Anyway, I'm exited to drive my car again! =)
Yaris_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:42 PM   #31
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I had it done on my next maintenance trip after the recall. Only difference I noticed is that when I put the passenger seat all the way forward to allow someone in the backseat to get out, the seat stays in the far forward position (closest to the dash) on it's own much better than it did prior to the recall. Before, I could put the front passenger seat in it's full, as close to the dash as possible position, but it would take very little for it to start sliding back towards the rear. I would typically keep a hand on it to keep it from sliding back, but don't need to do that anymore.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote