Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
harrysdog

Drives: sr
keylesss entry passenger door wont open help

hi guys thanks for any help in advance will be most appreciatted
i have a sr yaris with the keyless entry system (uk) problem is front passenger door will not open , i think i can safely assume the solenoid is stuck i have removed the top of the inner panel however i can only remove it at the top as the doors is locked so i can only reach in so far to investigate , however to make matters worse , i reached in to try to feel for the solenoid and somehow the cover on the lock over the two cables has come off which has caused the bottom cable to come off . i know its probably a simple lock however does any one know how i can open the door to remove it and buy a new soleniod any pictures would be really appreciatted thanks again great forum loads of info
harrysdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I assume your car does not have a key hole on the outside of the passenger door?
Old 04-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
harrysdog

hi ctscott you are right it doesnt have any key hole unfortuntely thanks for any help
Old 04-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysdog View Post
hi ctscott you are right it doesnt have any key hole unfortuntely thanks for any help
This is what the door lock assembly looks like. The lock/unlock cable goes into a recessed slot, so you may need an inspection scope to be able to get something into there to unlock it from within the door.

Door Lock.jpg
Old 04-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
harrysdog

ctscott thanks for your help mate i really do appreciatte it, thing is i think the solinoid is jammed in because before i managed to pull out the bottom cable i did pull it ( the cable ) and nothing happened could you possibly point out were on the solinoid is so i may try and release it , or possibly loosen it from the lock sorry to be a niusance and thanks again for your help
Old 04-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysdog View Post
ctscott thanks for your help mate i really do appreciatte it, thing is i think the solinoid is jammed in because before i managed to pull out the bottom cable i did pull it ( the cable ) and nothing happened could you possibly point out were on the solinoid is so i may try and release it , or possibly loosen it from the lock sorry to be a niusance and thanks again for your help
The solenoid is within that assembly in the diagram, so your best bet is to force it to manually unlock. Unfortunately, to remove the lock/solenoid assembly you need access to the edge of the door to remove the bolts that mount it.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #7
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Similar incident happened to my friends honda, we ended up having to carefully breaking the interior panel off to gain access behind the door.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:27 AM   #8
Turnby

Drives: 2014 Yaris Icon VVT-I
To bring a fresh take on this problem. Off side rear passenger door is stuck closed and will no open. The small latch at the handle is very 'springy' and wants to remain in the locked position. If I hold the latch in the unlocked position and try a combination of inside and/or outside handle the door won't budge. Only two screw I can get to with the door closed are the one behind the handle and the one in the armrest part of the panel.

I have a 06 5dr T-Spirit with remote (keyless) locking.

So how can I remove the top part of the door panel to look inside all without opening the door? Thanks

Turnby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:57 PM   #9
supermed

Drives: Yaris 1.3 T Spirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnby View Post
To bring a fresh take on this problem. Off side rear passenger door is stuck closed and will no open. The small latch at the handle is very 'springy' and wants to remain in the locked position. If I hold the latch in the unlocked position and try a combination of inside and/or outside handle the door won't budge. Only two screw I can get to with the door closed are the one behind the handle and the one in the armrest part of the panel.

So how can I remove the top part of the door panel to look inside all without opening the door? Thanks

I've the same problem, did you manage to fix it
supermed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #10
supermed

Drives: Yaris 1.3 T Spirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnby View Post

supermed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:29 AM   #11
Turnby

Drives: 2014 Yaris Icon VVT-I
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermed View Post
I took it to an official Toyota garage in the end who fixed it. I don't have the invoice anymore so can't remember how much I paid. An internal mechanism did need replaced. I think it came to about £120ish but I could be wrong.
Turnby is offline   Reply With Quote