Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2017, 06:41 AM   #1
miiser
 
miiser's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 2009
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greece
Posts: 220
Folding key?

Hi everyone,
I want to buy a new key shell and I am interested on the folding key shell (look pic)

Is there anyone who has bought something like this? Is it worth it? What about quality etc? The only thing that scares me is, if there is any chance of the key to brake into the ignition while i turn the engine on (due to the force). It's China anyways.
Thanks



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:20 AM   #2
vitz rs gs
 
Drives: Toyota vitz rs gs 2012
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiser View Post
Hi everyone,
I want to buy a new key shell and I am interested on the folding key shell (look pic)

Is there anyone who has bought something like this? Is it worth it? What about quality etc? The only thing that scares me is, if there is any chance of the key to brake into the ignition while i turn the engine on (due to the force). It's China anyways.
Thanks



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hi. I have one. It's quite simple and easy to transfer the transponder to the new casing. Then you just have to cut the key part


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vitz rs gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:52 AM   #3
miiser
 
miiser's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 2009
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greece
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitz rs gs View Post
Hi. I have one. It's quite simple and easy to transfer the transponder to the new casing. Then you just have to cut the key part


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hi thanks for the response.
Is the key durable? What about the mechanism? Is it durable too?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:08 AM   #4
vitz rs gs
 
Drives: Toyota vitz rs gs 2012
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mauritius
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiser View Post
Hi thanks for the response.
Is the key durable? What about the mechanism? Is it durable too?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Its made in china. So the plastic quality wont be the same as the original one. I am using mine since 2 weeks only. The mechanism seems to be ok. I suggest you buy one on Ebay instead of AliExpress. Those on AliExpress are cheaper as the quality also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vitz rs gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:02 AM   #5
miiser
 
miiser's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 2009
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greece
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitz rs gs View Post
Its made in china. So the plastic quality wont be the same as the original one. I am using mine since 2 weeks only. The mechanism seems to be ok. I suggest you buy one on Ebay instead of AliExpress. Those on AliExpress are cheaper as the quality also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I did bought from eBay the exact same as the picture I posted on the top. To be honest I don't care about the plastic quality. I can wrap it with carbon vinyl just like I did on my original key shell. All I am worried about is the metal if it's strong or not.
Guess I will see in a couple of weeks when it will arrive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:14 PM   #6
Duhamhim
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan Base
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Far Rockaway, New York
Posts: 3
Will these work for 08 Yaris?
Duhamhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:23 AM   #7
miiser
 
miiser's Avatar
 
Drives: yaris 2009
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: greece
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhamhim View Post
Will these work for 08 Yaris?


As long as you have the same key yes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New remote key fob programming costica DIY / Maintenance / Service 1 04-17-2016 08:02 PM
VItz 2010 Push Start Fob key Programming (Duplicate Smart Key). ahsanraza Performance Modifications 1 02-03-2016 07:29 PM
2008 Toyota Yaris Immobilizer/Transponder Key ItsanEE DIY / Maintenance / Service 0 07-11-2015 03:48 PM
Transponder key programming teddy DIY / Maintenance / Service 6 04-28-2015 06:32 PM
Question about adding another key and fob rcvmini DIY / Maintenance / Service 15 04-28-2015 06:30 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.