Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
Abk911

Drives: Yaris 2008
2008 yaris sedan airbag... Din get answer anywhere yet...

There is something that is confusing me in my wifes toyota yaris 2008 sedan. Usually only wife drives it.

the "passanger airbag" light section seems to have 4 lights: (not in the speedometer / fuel gauge panel) these lights are under the word "Passanger" written on the dashboard.

1) AIRBAG
2) OFF
3) ON
4) passanger seat belt (ignore this light as this is not an issue for my query)

When you start the car 'alone' the 3 lights come - AIRBAG, ON and OFF then the "ON" and "OFF" light dissapear, but the AIRBAG Light remains lit - always. Is it normal for the AIRBAG light to be always on. If its normal why is it usually lit, shldnt it go off? Wen passenger sits ... The lights AIRBAG and ON lite making it AIRBAG ON ... And so forth. But when no passanger is sittng the light AIRBAG is always on.

Wife usually drives it and not sure if she noticed it before. I noticed it as i dont usually drive it and hence want to know if its normal.
Abk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abk911 View Post
There is something that is confusing me in my wifes toyota yaris 2008 sedan. Usually only wife drives it.

the "passanger airbag" light section seems to have 4 lights: (not in the speedometer / fuel gauge panel) these lights are under the word "Passanger" written on the dashboard.

1) AIRBAG
2) OFF
3) ON
4) passanger seat belt (ignore this light as this is not an issue for my query)

When you start the car 'alone' the 3 lights come - AIRBAG, ON and OFF then the "ON" and "OFF" light dissapear, but the AIRBAG Light remains lit - always. Is it normal for the AIRBAG light to be always on. If its normal why is it usually lit, shldnt it go off? Wen passenger sits ... The lights AIRBAG and ON lite making it AIRBAG ON ... And so forth. But when no passanger is sittng the light AIRBAG is always on.

Wife usually drives it and not sure if she noticed it before. I noticed it as i dont usually drive it and hence want to know if its normal.
Didn't CTScott address and answer the differences (re these indicators) between the sedan and the liftback in another thread you started recently?
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Didn't CTScott address and answer the differences (re these indicators) between the sedan and the liftback in another thread you started recently?
No. I mentioned how the liftback works, but the lights are different on the sedan. The sedan has four separate illuminated items where the liftback has three.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
Abk911

Drives: Yaris 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
No the question for SEDAN is not answered yet. The only explanation i am able to come up with is that ... AIRBAG is just an indicator light and when someone sits ON is activated making it AIRBAG ON and may be OFF is activated when a young kid sits making it AIRBAG OFF ???? Since no kids i cant confirm that part.
Once again its just my assumption that the AIRBAG light will be constantly on... And hence still seeking clarification.
Abk911 is offline   Reply With Quote