Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-06-2015, 05:13 AM   #1
ironclaw
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris (06)
After Market Horn - Hood Connectors?

Hi Everyone,

I wish to fit an aftermarket horn to my 2006 Yaris. I'm confident in electronics but want to check if there is an easily accessible connection in the hood / engine bay. I would rather install so that the stock horn can be re-connected at at will, so wire cutting / splicing I'd like to avoid.

Does the stock horn have a wiring loom / connector block that is easily accessible? I just need a 12V+ to switch a relay, the rest I can wire myself.

Many Thanks!
ironclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:01 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
There are a couple of threads on here with details on installing aftermarket horns. The horn itself has a very small feed wire, so ideally you do want to wire in a relay to feed the new horn. There is a Junction connector in the under-hood fuse box, which is the best place to grab the horn feed, to use it to feed the coil of a relay.