Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #55
mshekleton

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
A lot of you all want an aggressive drop. Remember that unless the spring rate is very high, you're going to start rubbing when you whip it around the turns. Also, wider tires can exacerbate the problem. I would suggest a 1.5" drop with a 5kg (280lb/in) front and 6kg (336lb/in) rear.
mshekleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:39 AM   #56
coffiend

Drives: 08 Black LB
we (for the most part) are well aware that they would have to be very stiff to be very low.

and we (again for the most part) are all willing to bear with the non-stock feeling ride as long as it drops us nice and low.
coffiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #57
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
Why do you guys want such stiff springs in the rear? If you are tracking the car you will want stiffer springs in the front. Also you can just buy a stiffer rear sway bar unless you are looking to have as much oversteer as possible.
RacerFreakXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #58
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
If you are tracking the car you will want stiffer springs in the front.
no. That will make the car plow straight forward in the turns. Trust me, it's not what you want, I've tried about 5 spring combinations at the track so far, and I have the car balanced really well now.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #59
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

what are you running for setup and stiffness?
Old 04-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #60
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
about a 2" drop, upgraded shocks/struts, rear AND front sway bars, and 8k front / 10k rear springs.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #61
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

So make springs simular to that, 2"-2.5" drop 5-8k front 6-10k rear. If you know that's what works. We really need performance springs, not springs that make our car look cool. Yes you could get coilovers, but you have to worry about corossion in the winter for some of us.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #62
New2tuning
1st mod project at 35

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerFreakXXX View Post
So make springs similar to that, 2"-2.5" drop 5-8k front 6-10k rear. If you know that's what works. We really need performance springs, not springs that make our car look cool. Yes you could get coil overs, but you have to worry about corrosion in the winter for some of us.
I agree. Wisconsin winters play havoc on cars with all of the salt they dump on the roads. Most of the winter, the roads a literally white the dump so much on them. I would love to see a high performance spring that was engineered to perform, not look purdy. I'm new to the Yaris tuner world so maybe they already have some but i have not seen any.
New2tuning is offline   Reply With Quote