Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #109
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleey0 View Post
Just wondering if the ECU woulod re-learn the C:R if it was minimally changed , say like 10:1 iinstead of 10.5:1.

All I want to do is beef up my internals a bit to hit 12psi to 1bar reliably,

I called AEM, CP, and ARIA but all are closed on weekends and will have to wait for answers lol.

I should just yank my cars ECU and send it to CTScott to play with. He could get it in constant open-loop then none of this matters lol.

Thanks for listening,
Wes
I think the main issue related with the stock ecu isn't the pistons or rods but the turbo setup itself.

Let me explain:

- Pistons with lower compression mean that they differ in height (by few mm) versus others with more compression. Now if you change the pistons to a lower compression, you might be aware that the less compression means a bigger combustion chamber since the piston is effectively going up the same height. The bigger the chamber, the more the engine needs air and fuel to make a good bang.

-If you remain with the stock ecu, the ecu doesn't know that the engine needs more air and fuel to make a good mixture in the chamber which will result in startup, knocking and engine dying issues since the ecu is giving the same amount of fuel as if you are still at 10.5:1.

-Regarding the turbo setup, I am one of the guys that don't vote to remain with stock ecu because of the much issues with turbo systems. I don't mean it can't be done but will probably cost you more money and patience to have good results.

As xbg said you should check other threads and you will surely find your answers.
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #110
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
I think the main issue related with the stock ecu isn't the pistons or rods but the turbo setup itself.

Let me explain:

- Pistons with lower compression mean that they differ in height (by few mm) versus others with more compression. Now if you change the pistons to a lower compression, you might be aware that the less compression means a bigger combustion chamber since the piston is effectively going up the same height. The bigger the chamber, the more the engine needs air and fuel to make a good bang.

-If you remain with the stock ecu, the ecu doesn't know that the engine needs more air and fuel to make a good mixture in the chamber which will result in startup, knocking and engine dying issues since the ecu is giving the same amount of fuel as if you are still at 10.5:1.

-Regarding the turbo setup, I am one of the guys that don't vote to remain with stock ecu because of the much issues with turbo systems. I don't mean it can't be done but will probably cost you more money and patience to have good results.

As xbg said you should check other threads and you will surely find your answers.
Thanks for the info!!! Really good stuff.

And XBG, the learning-ECU issue when changing pistons and lowering C:R was from Garm.

MODS if XBGod is right, and all pieces of info about rods, pistons, the ecu, and ways around it (that are being tried), and C:R are already in another thread.

THEN PLEASE CLOSE OR MERGE!!!!

Thanks.
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #111
sleey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmas View Post

Let me explain:

Garm is the 1 that told me changing the ratio will mess up the stock ecu n then you would need stand alone.

If we could lower the ratio and use a piggy back that would work perfect for my situation.

But no 1 has figured out the closed loop situation. C t scott said he was gonna look at it, but IDK.
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-10-2010, 11:28 PM   #112
sleey0

PLEASE for now-foward if you don't have anything to contribute NICELY then just move along.

I don't need this. This will be my fist Boosted project and I want help and opnion, NOT mockery and foolishness.

Why is it only my thread that gets all trashed? I am basically trying to do what Focus_Shift is doing just MAYBE a little different.

Is there a sleey0 hate club around here? What did I ever do bu show my excitement and ask a lot of questions?

If that is all I am guilty of then these boards shouldn't exist.

Yes, I am a month or two away from getting everything I need to proceed, but that doesn't mean we can't share info NICELY and in an APPROPRIATE manner.

Thanks for those that are helping me, BTW.

Wes

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-11-2010, 01:57 AM   #113
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Well, it's good to see all of your stuff on one thread now. At least now when your asking a question we know it's souly for your build. No more crazy other threads to keep going back and fourth too. I think you will find this a much easier way to have all your questions answered.

The only reason you were getting so much crap is because it was all over the place and alot of this stuff was answered in other peoples turbo projects. At least now it's under control and should move forward.

Talk at you guys next week.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:37 AM   #114
Parmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleey0 View Post

Why is it only my thread that gets all trashed? I am basically trying to do what Focus_Shift is doing just MAYBE a little different.

Wes
Dear Wes I know this project isn't an easy one and will probably cost you a lot of hassle so I understand that you are nervous about this but you need to focus on what you read. During the time doing my turbo project, 2years ago btw, I wrote many good information related to my build in order not to mislead anything.

During the time I was making mine, the only help I could find was Garm since he was the only one I knew about doing the custom turbo setup.
Saying this, if you re-read the quote here you will understand that many of your answers are in other threads since you are not alone here.

In the case you have a different question or an update on your build than you post here.

Regards
Old 10-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #115
sleey0

Ok got it.

I will search my ass off!

The only problem is I have only 1 thread to really help me because of the same xage kit I will use focu_shift.

I will read your thread again but wasn't yours custom built?

Thanks, Parmas!

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #116
sleey0

I need to know QUICKLY if the tC injectors (2az) will work with the 1NZ.

I came across a set for $100 and want to jump on it but don't know if they will work with the 1NZ.

xbgod - 9/23/2010

Last edited by sleey0; 10-11-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #117
sleey0

And I have come up with nothing yet.

Trust me I posted that out of frustration because nothing is coming up. Even at scionlife.

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #118
sleey0

Talked to Elmer @ Arias today. He isn't sure if the piggyback solution will work with a 9.5:1 CR. He did say that a 10:1 might not have any issues but not 100% certain.

He tried to help but his accent was very hard to understand, He referred me to TOYSport in Cali and they were less helpful.

The search for info continues!!!!

I think I will wait and see if focus or ct can figure out the closed loop workaround as I have time before I start my build.

And I might hook up with Focus when I am ready for my build. w00t!!!! Cool guy that Focus_Shift!! :D

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #119
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Talked to Elmer @ Arias today. He isn't sure if the piggyback solution will work with a 9.5:1 CR. He did say that a 10:1 might not have any issues but not 100% certain.

He tried to help but his accent was very hard to understand, He referred me to TOYSport in Cali and they were less helpful.

The search for info continues!!!!
That IS the info. LOL
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #120
sleey0

I knowed u said. it wouldn't work but what about a 10 to 1 compression ratio?

I am just going to wait it out and see what ctscott comes up with the closed/open loop situation.

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #121
sleey0

And elmer from areas pistons wasn't sure if the piggy back woul work so we do not have current confirmation yet about needing a stand alone. It's not that I don't believe you garm its just that i am double checking all my sources.

The more we know the better off the community will be, right?

Still need to speak with aem and crower.

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #122
sleey0

Here I am doing my laundry in a laundromat in looking in the paper and I find an aftermarket parts place that has a dynojet antunes can't you believe that shit!

Not 5 miles away from where I live!

Stopping by there today will let you guys know what I find out when I get back.

w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #123
sleey0

Well that didn't go so good. The guy won't touch it because it he knows nothing of import cars. However he will wire up the aem and also dyno tune it for me so that's a plus.

Problem is he shop works mostly with trucks and turbo diesels.

So aem tuner.w.dyno found. Now I just need a turbo kit lol!

Going to check out another place that does machine work and engine rebuilds in olean, NY. Heard they are pretty good.

Cliff might be backing out of this project due to him moving, but he isn't sure yet.

Hell, if all else fails Focus_Shift HERE I COME!!!! lol

To be continued........

xbgod - 9/23/2010

Last edited by sleey0; 10-11-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #124
Parmas

Hey man you need to stop for a moment and think!

Look at your post timings!

2 27pm

2 59pm

4 25pm

6 33pm

7 57pm

8 00pm

8 44pm

10 09pm

Or you want a post record or you want us to loose track of your thoughts.

All these posts after the other makes the thread confusing. I can give you a suggestion, I post one or two a day in order to get all the good stuff together. The more organised thread, the more the ppl can give you a nice clean answer. Just my 2cent!

I didn't mean to say that you have to stay on my project but on the one of Focus_shift.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #125
sleey0

I am just updating as I get my info.

I will take your advice and just update maybe at night.

I don't have a great memory so I will need to start writing things down to do the 1 post per day deal lol/

Thx, parmas for not being an ass about it.

Trust me, Some1 else would have slammed me for posting too many posts.

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #126
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Bro, I'll install the FIC and zage kit for soooo much cheaper lol. I may not be ASE certified or w/e, but I did it once and it worked...
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote