Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-16-2014, 11:39 PM   #1
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
3rd Gen Sport Pedals ?

I have a 2014 SE auto and want to add sport pedals. I know Toyota used to sell OBX or Autobahn Kraftwerks pedal covers but stopped after the whole unintended acceleration nonsense. Those are the covers I want BUT I can’t find any for sale AND I don’t know if they would fit anyway.

I found these for a 2nd gen manual Yaris

http://www.ebay.com/itm/autobahn-kar...f312b4&vxp=mtr

First question, does anybody know if the gas pedal cover would fit the 3rd gen pedal? It is shaped a little different than the 2nd gen pedal, it has a rounded end on one side. It looks like it might fit with some massaging but I don’t have any actual measurements to compare. So does anybody know, or better yet does anybody have this pedal set on a 3rd gen car and can confirm that the gas pedal fits?

Even if the gas pedal cover does fit it would still leave me without an auto brake pedal cover, but I found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/autobahn-kar...e258f7&vxp=mtr

It’s designed for a Scion TC but the brake cover looks just like the auto cover for the Yaris. It looks like it would fit too, but again I have no measurements to compare. So second question, does anybody know? Some quick research online says that the stock OEM brake pedal for the TC and the Yaris share a part number, but the pictures for the stock pedals look different.

I’d be willing to buy both pedal sets if I would be able to fashion a Yaris auto set from both of them, but cheap bastard that I am I would hate to spend the money and wind up with nothing usable.

Thanks in advance.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #2
NYC-SE

After some more research I'm convinced that the brake pedal cover will fit. In fact I'm sure it is the exact same cover used in the auto Yaris kit. But I'm still left with questions about the gas pedal cover. What I really need is the exact dimensions of a second gen gas pedal "pad" so I can compare it to the one on my 3rd gen car. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who owns a second gen Yaris.

I know it's a pain but could one of my fellow YarisWorld members with a 2nd gen car measure the length and width of the "pad" on the gas pedal. Or if anyone is in the NYC area and is willing to let me stop by I'll gladly measure it myself.

Thanks again.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
Can you get us pictures of your pedals?
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #4
NYC-SE

I'd love to but I don't have them yet. Still trying to figure out if they will fit before I order them.

If I do go ahead and order them AND if they do in fact fit I will be sure to post a pic after they're installed.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
I mean your originals
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #6
NYC-SE

Here ya go Betrivent. You can see how the gas pedal differs from the 2nd gen ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OEM pedals.jpg (251.7 KB, 294 views)
Old 11-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #7
NYC-SE

Well I managed to find a co-worker with a TC and was able to inspect the brake pedal. It is exactly the same as the Yaris so the brake cover should fit. Still hoping to find the exact measurements for the 2nd gen gas pedal. I'll give it a few more days and try to find someone with a 2nd gen to compare. If not I may order the covers anyhow and hope that they fit.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:39 PM   #8
WorkTL

Drives: 2013 Yaris LE
Any updates?
WorkTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:10 AM   #9
NYC-SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkTL View Post
Any updates?
I ordered the manual Yaris pedals. They'll be here next week and I'll know for sure if the gas pedal fits then. If so I'll order the TC pedals next.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #10
NYC-SE

Today I got an email from the seller saying the pedals are out of stock. He refunded my money. His ebay listing is still up however. If you are going to buy from this guy make sure to email him first and make sure he actually has what he's advertising.

So back to square one. If anybody knows where I can get these please let me know.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:41 PM   #11
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
A whille back, I found a good set of non-drilling pedal covers for for the 3rd gen yaris here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-AT-...item4879feee8c

I actually bought a set for my '09, and I must say, the OP is right. The gas pedal is a bit rounded off on the 3rd gen. models. No issues with the brake pedal though. It's the exact same as the 2nd gen. yaris.

With a bit of massaging, I managed to fit the pedal covers shown in the link on my 2nd gen., but if you want a more precise look/feel you have to modify the gas pedal a bit.

Still, they look stylish, are functional and provide good driving feedback. You can't beat the price either.

I've had them for a few months now and I am very happy with them.

It's a shame they don't make them for manual cars...:(
Old 07-02-2015, 03:59 PM   #12
NYC-SE

So we have confirmation that a 3rd gen cover will fit a 2nd gen pedal, sort of.

I'm still wondering about the other way around. Has anyone done it?

Funny that this thread revived now as the ebay seller I referenced in my first post has just listed Autobahn Kraftwerks 2nd gen MT Yaris pedals again. These are the same pedals I tried to buy from him six months ago. He had had a listing showing 5 sets available but when I ordered he said he was out of stock and canceled my order. Now they are back but at a higher price. I'll probably contact him again and see if he really has them this time. Here is the new listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/autobahn-kar...c1e09a&vxp=mtr
Old 08-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #13
NYC-SE

I found a co- worker with a 2nd gen Yaris and was able to measure his gas pedal. For reference sake:

2nd gen L - 86mm, W - 39mm
3rd gen L - 82mm, W - 39mm

For 3rd gen that is the lenght at the longest side. So it looks like pedals designed for 2nd gen will fit on 3rd gen models. Too bad my original idea is no longer viable, the TC pedals are now sold out.

If anybody has a set of Autobahn Kraftwerk auto pedals that they're selling let me know.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:06 AM   #14
NYC-SE

OK so I finally found a set of sport pedals for my car. These are the Autobahn Kraftwerk pedals for the Scion xD. Part number PTS22-52082. Did some research and concluded that they would fit the Yaris. They do. I was a little concerned about the gas pedal cover. On the 3rd gen gas pedal there is a small area that slopes away at an angle (see pic above). I think this was done by Toyota after their "unintended acceleration" issue to prevent the pedal from getting wedged against the floor mat and "transmission tunnel". I was afraid that the pedal cover being wider and not sloped at the bottom would possibly bind but there is still a small bit of clearance. So all good. Brake pedal cover of course fits fine.

I think they look great. Even better than the Yaris specific model. Gives the car a sporty aura.

I can confirm that they will fit 2nd and 3rd gen models. As well as the Scion xD of course.

I got them on eBay. The seller still has some available. They aren't made anymore and are hard to find (as evidenced by this 3 year old thread) so if you're thinking about these act quick. At less than $20 they're a great deal. Be aware that the seller is a bit of an a-hole, won't respond to email, questions, eBay messages, etc. Also has a pretty bad feedback rating. I was a little wary but took the chance and am pleased with the result.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/autobahn-kra...231096?vxp=mtr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pedals.jpg (336.6 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by NYC-SE; 04-22-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:46 PM   #15
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
you want the official TRD sport pedal kit. its avaiable on yauctions
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote