Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-02-2017, 02:39 PM   #55
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Rice, if you're on the fence about the swap and the immo is the only thing holding you back, I'll be doing mine in a few weeks or so (as long as it doesn't drop to zero below). I have an immo but will be installing a non immo xd ecu so I will be by passing it and will be not using my immo once the swap is done.

I can let you know how it goes and if everything worked out fine. As stated above, I won't be publicly stating the solution but I will at least be able to vouche for how it works and hopefully set your mind at ease.

The guys who have put in the time and have already done the swap have been extremely helpful and are always willing to pass on their learned knowledge. Rest assured you won't be left hanging trying to figure out the immo on your own.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:17 PM   #56
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
How is the new engine in terms of fuel economy? I'm curious to see if you can get compareble milage with the regular 1NZ.

I've heard that some 2014+ Corollas have a different 2ZR engine with dual VVT-i and lift control (called Valvematic) which is supposed to improve fuel economy even more and add 8 hp on top of the regular 2ZR!
Old 02-02-2017, 08:46 PM   #57
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
I don't have the second O2 sensor hooked up, so it runs a bit rich. Fuel economy at WOT all the time is comparable to the 1NZ with a Blitz supercharger. XD
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:19 AM   #58
tmontague

any chance you can give a description of how you added the wire to the fuse box from the fuse to the connector?

Does the fuse box just lift up to give you access? I like the clean look of it
Old 02-03-2017, 10:14 AM   #59
CrankyOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
any chance you can give a description of how you added the wire to the fuse box from the fuse to the connector?

Does the fuse box just lift up to give you access? I like the clean look of it
Take a look at the pictures on the front page. It's hard to get a good shot though, because it's all black plastic. Basically, I just populated one of the empty fuse slots and plugged the other end into the empty position on the connector. You have to separate the two bottom parts. There's 7 or 8 tabs that hold them together, and it's more easily accomplished with the fuse box unbolted from the frame. If you get one from a junk yard and break it down, it will make much more sense. I think just about any Toyota fuse box would be OK, but a Yaris or Echo would be best.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #60
tmontague

thanks. So the female end of the wire is what the new fuse (in the original empty slot) would plug into and then the male end goes under and then up into the connector for the power to the maf, correct?

I think I'm going to my local you pull as I have yet to stop in and it is only about 5 mins from my place. They much have a yaris in their massive lot, or at the very least a corolla. I have yet to pull a fuse box so I want to familiarize myself with what I'm working with before I pull my own
Old 02-03-2017, 11:06 AM   #61
CrankyOldMan

Quote:
thanks. So the female end of the wire is what the new fuse (in the original empty slot) would plug into and then the male end goes under and then up into the connector for the power to the maf, correct?
Correct.

Quote:
I think I'm going to my local you pull as I have yet to stop in and it is only about 5 mins from my place. They much have a yaris in their massive lot, or at the very least a corolla. I have yet to pull a fuse box so I want to familiarize myself with what I'm working with before I pull my own
Lots of yards have online listing of their availability. I've also got one in my spare parts bin if you just want to play with it.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:40 AM   #62
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Quote:
Rice, if you're on the fence about the swap and the immo is the only thing holding you back, I'll be doing mine in a few weeks or so (as long as it doesn't drop to zero below). I have an immo but will be installing a non immo xd ecu so I will be by passing it and will be not using my immo once the swap is done.

I can let you know how it goes and if everything worked out fine. As stated above, I won't be publicly stating the solution but I will at least be able to vouche for how it works and hopefully set your mind at ease.

The guys who have put in the time and have already done the swap have been extremely helpful and are always willing to pass on their learned knowledge. Rest assured you won't be left hanging trying to figure out the immo on your own.
Thanks man. Once this crx is out my garage, I plan on getting a 2zr and start building it up and collecting the parts I will need.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:33 AM   #63
CrankyOldMan

ArmstrongRacing and I will be happy to assist in any way we can!
Old 03-08-2017, 01:26 PM   #64
ArmstrongRacing
Data doesn't lie

Drives: That Scrappy 2zrVios
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
I plan on getting a 2zr and start building it up and collecting the parts I will need.
YES!
ArmstrongRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:34 AM   #65
ArmstrongRacing
Data doesn't lie

Drives: That Scrappy 2zrVios
ArmstrongRacing is offline   Reply With Quote