Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
nitrus10032

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
2007 sedan fuel pump not running and check engine light

I have a 2007 Yaris Sedan (Not S). Yesterday it took quite a while to get started. When I put the key into the ON position I don't hear the fuel pump engage and the check engine light is on. After it started once it didn't have problems starting again. The check engine light also shuts off once the car is started. I hooked up an ODB2 scanner and there were no codes when the car was in the ON position and when started.

Based on what I've read on the forums it's a fuel pump/filter issue. Is there anything I should check besides that and is it necessarily the pump itself or could the filter also cause this issue?

Additionally, is it safe to keep driving the car with the pump in this state? My guess is killing the battery is the biggest risk since on occasion I have to hold it in the start position for longer than normal.

Mileage: 118k
nitrus10032 is offline   Reply With Quote