Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #379
bkrownd

Drives: 2010 Yaris "5-door"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
OK... lets put this all into persprective once and for all.

Toyota has had some gas pedal problems. This is indisputable.
I've even seen some pedal complaints posted here...which is verrrrrry interesting...
bkrownd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #380
wmgysi

Drives: yaris hatchback
No sticky peddal, carpet secured with a tie, Prius 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
its just funny that 99% of the cars affected were in the States, all over the world not even a peep.....

I believe Toyota loads the ECUs in bulk so the same firmware version is across the board, i really think its operator error and not Toyota. In Canada we never had the "incident" of the accelerators sticking
Canada: we have a Prius and never had any problem with a sticky pedal. The carpet was secured by the garage with a tie and that works fine. They may come up with a new clip in the floor, but I don't bother. The Prius is the best ever car I had! We now just acquire a Yaris Hatchback after our Yaris Sedan got totaled. It was the drivers fault and the car saved his live!
wmgysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #381
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41magmag41 View Post
I think that Toyota should recall Yaris's with ABS to replace the rear wheel speed sensors and the wiring harness. Our Canadian neighbors to the north and those of us in New England and parts north are starting to have problems with corrosion of these parts. The ABS light and brake light come on because of corrosion of the parts and it costs between $400 to $600 per side to fix. If you didn't buy the extended warranty you are out almost 1200 bucks. I called Toyota's customer service line and asked if a fix was in the works and basicly got hung up on. Toyota has become the new GM. Buy the car and we don't want to see you again.
It is interesting that this was noted and then further commented on that a TSB quietly came out in 08 and then not followed up by New England dealerships. I had brought my Yaris into the local deal several times since 08 for random things and it wasn't until a couple months ago when I brought the car in be looked at for how my mileage this winter literally dropped to roughly 16-18mpg consistently all winter long that they mentioned the TSB. I just fell out of my warranty mileage-wise and they wanted to charge me the 1200 bucks, but I produced my military orders for Oct 08-09 showing that I was overseas for the government and therefore could not have driven the car (verified by mileage on oil changes) and they put it under warranty.

The interesting part that I found on the whole deal was that why, if I had been to the dealership several times since the TSB, had they not said, "we have a TSB for the ABS and we need to schedule the replacement". When the flammable sound deadening material TSB came out which was pretty cheap in comparison they contacted me right away.

Also as a point of reference I was experiencing braking issues building to a regular basis during the winter months until they replaced the parts.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #382
Yaristoo

Drives: 2007 Yaris 3 door
Prius recall

I didn't see anything that said why. I looked for that.
Yaristoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #383
3toys
hamchk

Drives: 10 LB
I had a 98 Tacoma and 2 two years ago Toyota recalled it because of a rusty frame. They bought it back KBB plus 2%. GM did not buy back my old rusty S-10.
3toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:58 AM   #384
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
Toyota has had a remarkable run with very few problems over all. With the economy on the skids and US car manufacturers clawing to stay afloat it's only natural to blow the Toyota recalls up all out of proportion so they can use it to gain some sales traction. Any company the size of Toyota will have issues from time to time. They will survive this as they have huge consumer loyalty. When this recall is over and the press moves on, consumer confidence will bounce right back. Lets watch for the next GM recall.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #385
JetfireK

Drives: 2008 3 Dr Liftback
[QUOTE=auxmike;435171]I'm sure most of you have seen the news about the "sticky" gas pedals recall on the way.
THANK GOD the Yaris is not on the list. We also did'nt get hit with the floormat thing either.
This does not bode well on Toyota. Two problems with potential runaway acceleration with in a couple of months, that sucks![/QUOT

I found it "unusual" that none of the Toyotas made in Japan had any problems!
I also found it "delightful" that of the American Cars only Ford did not borrow money. When the Congressman asked the Ford Executive, "You don't want to borrow any money, so why did you come here?" " I'm here Sir because you told me come here!"
JetfireK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #386
RedStickHam

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
I got a recall on my 2009 Yaris today. Basically a label for the load carrying capacity is either incorrect or was left off altogether(I haven't gone out to check yet). What I have to do is put the new label they sent me on the inside of the door jamb. According to the label they sent me, the carrying capacity of my car has been reduced by 12 lbs!

Did anyone else get this one?

RedStickHam
RedStickHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #387
Chuck G

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
I just noticed that label on my 2010
I was wondering what it meant.
It's a Yellow label, right?
Chuck G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #388
rslyk

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3 DR HATCHBACK
Have you tried a "I'm a dissatisfied Toyota custmer" picket sign in front of a Toyota dealership...this will get thier attention and they can't hang up on you.
rslyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #389
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStickHam View Post
I got a recall on my 2009 Yaris today. Basically a label for the load carrying capacity is either incorrect or was left off altogether(I haven't gone out to check yet). What I have to do is put the new label they sent me on the inside of the door jamb. According to the label they sent me, the carrying capacity of my car has been reduced by 12 lbs!

Did anyone else get this one?

RedStickHam
Ditch the spare tire, you'll get that 12 pounds plus back
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #390
teddy

Drives: 2008 5-door hatchback
Send a message via MSN to teddy
I got a letter in the mail today saying there was a minor issue with the rostra cruise control unit I had installed. Apparently under some extremely specific circumstances using a 2-way radio and emergency frequencies the engine speed (RPM) can fluctuate mildly and cause the check engine light to come on.

Toyota and Rostra have separately investigated and found no safety issues, but are recommending it be removed, and they give me a refund in full for what I paid for it.

I might see if I can get them to install the OEM cruise control using the money they'd otherwise be refunding to me. Not only do I hate the position of the rostra unit, but I would miss my cruise control terribly.

I will scan the letter and post it here soon.

edit: looks like it's been reported already http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31279

Last edited by teddy; 10-20-2010 at 09:07 PM.
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:59 AM   #391
Yar15

Drives: none
Some generations of yaris have been made in France?.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:41 AM   #392
BluYrs
ヴィッツ ドライバー

Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar15 View Post
Some generations of yaris have been made in France?.
Yup, including early models of the current Yaris sold in the EU. Mine was produced in Japan, for instance.

Terveisiä lahden tonne puolelle, muuten :)

The blue one
BluYrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #393
joe keeney

Drives: yaris 2 door hatch
I have a 09 camry never a peoblem with this one. 07 yaris its more fun to drive.
joe keeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #394
joe keeney

Drives: yaris 2 door hatch
I've also have a 2009 camry never any trouble. When they sent the recall notice I filed it in the trash,
joe keeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #395
jay cobbs

Drives: 2010 yaris sedan 4 speed auto
Arrow Steering is still the issue.....

I have the 2010 sedan. windy day on test drive but more play on freeway than my 94 geo metro aka suzuki swift. doesnt settle down on freway and wanders abit. same complant and recall as corolla drivers. power assit sterring on ecu set to high. only real fix is to try rear sway bar to fix turn and wander at higher speeds I guess. called my people at Big O Tire and they said no ajust for caster of front wheels lowering springs is next . will post next month when I can save up for sway bar at amazon about 250 total fix.
jay cobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #396
yarista

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr, 09 Yaris 4dr
Any Recall For VVT Oil Leak?

[B]I have heard that Toyota had a recall out for camrys because of a leaky VVT oil supply line. The oil line that sends oil to the VVT hydraulic cam gear can develope an oil leak. Apparently, there is a plastic or rubber part of the oil line up near the head that starts leaking. Does the Yaris have such a recall?
yarista is offline   Reply With Quote