Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
Abboodeh
Banned

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to Abboodeh Send a message via AIM to Abboodeh Send a message via Yahoo to Abboodeh
Post My Yaris Air Condition unsolved priblem

Hi

I'm the first owner of my Yaris 2008 Saden, so I'll get to my story right away.

Once suddenly the Air Condition stopped giving cold air, i went to two technicians and they said that my compressor failed and needs to be replaced and i have two options either i buy new one from the dealer which cost exactly $1200 (without labour) or get a used one for around $250 including labour...
So i choose the cheapest option!

After i get the compressor replaced, the air was still not that cold, so the technician replaced the old compressor with another one, and of course filled the car with AC gas.

Story didn't finish, it's not that cold so he connected my car to a PC and told me that he reprogrammed it and set it to freezing because it kept disconnecting.

Problem not solved so I went to another technician and he told me that (fridge/freezer) and the AC gas is empty....and freezer must be replaced so I got it replaced with a new non original one....

AC was fine until suddenly the air almost stopped flowing, so the technician told me the AC Fan Motor must be replaced, so I installed a used one...

Now conclusion is :
Compressor replaced
AC Fan replaced
Freezer replaced

So what the hell do I need to do now?
I touch the AC pipes under the hood, and they're cold a bit, not freezingly cold but a bit cold I know for sure they should be extremely cold...

So what could be the problem any help please.

Thanks in advance
Abboodeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:45 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Go to a mechanic who knows what they are doing. There are many flaws in what you were told was done, as for example, you can not reprogram the system.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:15 PM   #3
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Note to self: consult YR before having anything fixed.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:03 AM   #4
Abboodeh
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Abboodeh Send a message via AIM to Abboodeh Send a message via Yahoo to Abboodeh
Thanks guys i changed two mechanics, no one knows what's the problem each one suggest to replace something assuming it's the problem...

So what else could be the problem?
Old 04-21-2016, 12:13 AM   #5
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abboodeh View Post
Hi

I'm the first owner of my Yaris 2008 Saden, so I'll get to my story right away.

Once suddenly the Air Condition stopped giving cold air, i went to two technicians and they said that my compressor failed and needs to be replaced and i have two options either i buy new one from the dealer which cost exactly $1200 (without labour) or get a used one for around $250 including labour...
So i choose the cheapest option!

After i get the compressor replaced, the air was still not that cold, so the technician replaced the old compressor with another one, and of course filled the car with AC gas.

Story didn't finish, it's not that cold so he connected my car to a PC and told me that he reprogrammed it and set it to freezing because it kept disconnecting.

Problem not solved so I went to another technician and he told me that (fridge/freezer) and the AC gas is empty....and freezer must be replaced so I got it replaced with a new non original one....

AC was fine until suddenly the air almost stopped flowing, so the technician told me the AC Fan Motor must be replaced, so I installed a used one...

Now conclusion is :
Compressor replaced
AC Fan replaced
Freezer replaced

So what the hell do I need to do now?
I touch the AC pipes under the hood, and they're cold a bit, not freezingly cold but a bit cold I know for sure they should be extremely cold...

So what could be the problem any help please.

Thanks in advance
add color dye run AC look for leaks , it will show up as bright green ...this can be done at any AC shop or Toyota, I would have gone that route before replacing stuff.
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:27 AM   #6
Abboodeh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
add color dye run AC look for leaks , it will show up as bright green ...this can be done at any AC shop or Toyota, I would have gone that route before replacing stuff.
I did it, the problem is the cold air would come alright for at least 2 months! Would this green stuff still appear after sometime?
Old 04-21-2016, 08:40 AM   #7
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
I support the suggestions to have a proper leak test done. There is a pressure sensor on the A/C line which is monitoring how much pressure the gas is under. Data from this sensor is monitored and if it drops below a threshold value, the compressor will not kick in. This would be the case with a slow leak as you indicate you have A/C for a period of time, then it stops.

Is the compressor currently kicking in when you turn on your A/C?

Tags
compressor, not cold