Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-28-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
2 Engine Q's

Hey guys, I have two engine related Q's that I can't seem to find anywhere after searching around online.

1. If I wanted to remove my engine from the bay, where would I hook a chain up to to do so? I'm looking for the threaded holes to put a boltinto with a hook on it or anything that is safe to lift the engine out. (I'm thinking for future no doing this now)

2. How many motor mounts are there on the Yaris? I can only find 2 online and when looking in and under the bay I have only found two. The one on the passenger side and the one attached to the subframe on the bottom of the middle of the engine. I find it hard to believe that there is only 2 mounts holding the engine up

thanks in advance
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
1. There are a couple of large threaded holes on the sides of the head that can be used. If you lift from there with the tranny attached it will really sag to the tranny side though, so if doing it with the tranny attached grab one on the right side of the head and one of the threaded holes on top of the tranny.

2. The third is the transmission mount on the driver side.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Thanks CT, do you happen to have a picture of the threads in the block? I am seeing something that looks like small threads or a plug of some sort.

As for the mount on the driver side, do you have an image of the mount so I know what to look for? I'm having trouble finding it. I'm thinking about changing them all out this spring since I'll have about 135,000km on my Yarii at that point and I'll likely do the struts at the same time
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote