Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2006, 01:09 PM   #1
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Front Lip on S has peeling paint...

Ok so if anyone saw in the Car Wash thread then you already know part of it, if you didn't then the quick rundown:

- Went through a car wash that I have used for years...touchless water jet system.

- Picked up some food from a Chinese joint and as I was walking back to the car I noticed a strange shimmer....I found that I had a 2 inch high by 4 inch wide paint peeling occuring.

- Contacted the local dealership and they first tried to tell me that it was an aftermarket body kit because the Sport is not available in Maine at all. I informed them that I had bought it in Minnesota and driven it back.

- Dealership looked up VIN and stated that my car didn't exist in that color as a Sport anyway. Dealership then contacted Toyota Corp and they also confirmed that the Sport is not released in Jade Sea Metallic.

- Contacted the dealer that I purchased from in Mankato and brought them up to speed on the situation. Said Dealership Owner himself called the local dealership and got shit straight. Apparently he was able to match the color to the VIN without a problem however he did also confirm that my care was an "error" and most likely will be a one of a kind for it.

- Local dealership states that the front lip had been repainted already before and that they then would not charge Toyota Corp under Warranty because of this. The dealership that I purchased from would be charged directly. Owner of dealership in Mankato said whatever and told them he didn't care because the customer's needs are what come first.

- Local dealership calls me and informs me of chain of events and that they will be "repairing" the issue at the cost to the original dealer. I contacted the Owner of the dealer in Mankato because I was confused and didn't think that it was right that they would be charged and wanted to know why the local wasn't going through warranty....they owner's response was "they are morons ...that's why, however I am going to make sure that you are taken care of correctly and to your satisfaction." The owner then proceeded to tell me that he was working on finding out from the dealer that they had swapped a couple other cars to get mine why the hell this has occured and he will be sending them the bill as well as wanting to know why they were not told that the car had possibly been damaged in shipping from Japan which legally should have been shared.

Currently I am slated to drop my car off for the week of the 4th of Sept as I am going to Texas for the week anyway. While they are taking care of the lip (which I told them they had best not blend and repaint the whole lip, they are going to paint the silver console panels as well as the door inserts the same color as my car.

takes a breath....damn this is stupid.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
riceboy

Drives: icebox
Well I guess we've all learned an important lesson...

Never pick up food from a Chinese joint after using a touchless car system....
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:51 PM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy
Well I guess we've all learned an important lesson...

Never pick up food from a Chinese joint after using a touchless car system....

Now I don't care who you are...that was funny.

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:43 PM   #4
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
Well at least you now know you have a rarity if not a unique "error" A Jade Sea S model!
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:35 PM   #5
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
i remember someone else saying how the hell did you get a jade see mica S Sedan...i checked and found there was not suposed ot be jade sea mica S Sedans, but maybe the original dealer just painted the lips, and put the S badge on...and tried to sell it for more?...lol strange...there is a small 1/2" section of paint missing on my front lip, just thought it was a rock..might have to check intot it..
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #6
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Well according to Toyota Corp the VIN lists as the Jade Sea Metallic S Sedan w/o fogs....they even showed me, yet they told me...."your car should not exist." To add more fuel to the fire of BS today I had the oil changed and while it was up on the lift the guy that changed it was like "hey come and see this...you will be not so happy!" Sure enough the passenger's side sheilding was buckled up inside the "center" sheilding plate, plus the mouthing point for it was torn off. Also there was a torn bolt mount on the "center" sheild. From what he is gathering is that my car must have been dropped when off loaded from the original shipment truck or the original dealership (the one that transfered to the one that I purchased from) had some sort of incident at their lot and rather than report it to Toyota they tried to sweep it under the rug. Also all but 3 of the mounting bolts for the entire body kit are silver...those 3 are black with black clips....now that isn't a giveaway right??? You can plainly see that it is not damage that I inflicted as in order for it to occur I would have to have scuffs or other damage on the bottom side of the lip which is in pristine condition. Needless to say I called the Sale Manager at Heintz and he was not happy. He told me that they would cover this as well for me and to have the local dealer go over the car with a fine tooth comb to be sure that nothing else is wrong. If there is more found they are to fix it and add it to the bill. Once he has all the stuff he is going after the original dealer....I told him that if I could I would fly out to kick their ass with him.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
that is complete bs, the dealer who sold it probably assumed you would be getting the work done there, therefore wouldn't notice the damage.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #8
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
Ιn my opinion you have taken all these in a very peacefull way...
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote