Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #55
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
No, it's ass-holes like you that need to know everything and need to continue to poke at something.

So untill you can get that Yaris of yours to beat my numbers, you don't need to worry about me.

I'm doing things no one else is even doing. I don't even run vvti. I use an external crank trigger like a regular drag car.

So why don't you take you and your 29 post and go chime in on someone who gives a shit. Your a little late to ring in on my thread.

It was obvious from your previous post you were looking to start something. Just because you cant get your jelly bean to pull off what I did, don't go looking for reasons to hate and make your own ajenda of my success.

Sorry you suck at life.

XBG

What does my post count have to do with anything. I don't post unless I need to I understand how to keep my mouth shut instead of letting the garbage continue to fly out.

I bought my yaris as a car to drive every day not one to go fast. I have a second car for that and yes it can "beat your numbers" not really all that hard to do with a v8. Plus your numbers omg you make 380 hp oh nooz I can buy a 20k v6 mustang and slap a 4k supercharger and make 475 your numbers are nothing special outside of the yaris world. The stock yaris has a crank trigger I don't know why that even matters.
Why don't you bring some real tech rather then the "my engine builder/tuner told me" because clearly they are the dogs that caught the car.

I hate people like you because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #56
yaris rs

Drives: 2009
Actually, ive seen xnamerx CARS in person ... He personally built a forged engine and makes 400 + rwhp on his mustang. His yaris is fairly stock but your numbers wont count for anything since he will out drive you... He isnt nessesarily a dick, he is just pointing out your mistakes. Getting defensive is an implicit response when people hear the truth. Just saying.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #57
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
No, it's ass-holes like you that need to know everything and need to continue to poke at something.

So untill you can get that Yaris of yours to beat my numbers, you don't need to worry about me.

I'm doing things no one else is even doing. I don't even run vvti. I use an external crank trigger like a regular drag car.

So why don't you take you and your 29 post and go chime in on someone who gives a shit. Your a little late to ring in on my thread.

It was obvious from your previous post you were looking to start something. Just because you cant get your jelly bean to pull off what I did, don't go looking for reasons to hate and make your own ajenda of my success.

Sorry you suck at life.

XBG
Well put! Iv come to the conclusion that I need to have 250-300hp Yaris to vent like you did. Cause I get call a dickhead, obtuse & so forth when I vent. Well done xB!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #58
rob323
Don't drive it, RALLY it!

Drives: 1999 echo PRC rally car
So far I've seen a lot of emotion in this thread (probably justified as I know I would be pissed if I paid a lot of money for something which was causing so many dramas) and very little (if any) facts.

I'm a technical type person (as I'm guessing xnamerxx is too) and all we want to know is what exactly went wrong. It's how we learn.

Is the base lobe height preventing the valves from fully closing (weird cause you wouldn't have been able to set up the clearances properly if that was the case), or are the valves bent from contact with the pistons (also weird cause anyone that has built engines (especially for a living) always turns them over buy hand to double check timing marks realign themselves and to check for interference. They would also put putty or similar on the pistons to make sure the valves aren't hitting anything they shouldn't be and to see just how far they can adjust the timing of the cams before they start to hit. Especially if the head is a one off, unproven, "Race" spec design. That's just all common sense. Even more so if you are playing with a mega $$ motor.

Maybe it's just my curious nature, but I would also be measuring and recording the opening and closing info of the cams, especially if the supplier has not provided them.

I don't care how much you spend, nor what friends you name drop, nor what kind of car you driver for that matter. I would just like to see less defensive, off topic crap, and more factual data. Surely you realise that if you really wish to discredit Gude, then you should back it up by providing some factual data of what went wrong, or risk getting asked a lot of questions or shot down in flames.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #59
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Go figure a MUSTANG guy. The retards of retards. The shear weight of your car is still to heavy at 3600 lb VS. 2000, my weight makes up for your hp.

And were not talking about v8's are we? I assume you think a 8.8 w/ Clips is better than a nine inch too?

I've been dealing with 10.5 mustang tire class NHRA for years. You guys aren't the sharpest tools in the shead. Thank god for chevrolet guys.

Guy's who buy Mustangs are guys that can't build. Talk about bought not built. Your parts are right on a shelf that someone else has already R&D. WOW. "Let me get in line with the sheep"

And my crank trigger is external, like a drag car. The 1nz-fe is internal for stock applications.

To say I know everyting about everything, Yeah..that would be bullshit. Which is why you sub things out to people that do that specific parts for a living. That would be like saying a Pro-stock guy is a dumb ass because he dosen't do his own head work. Knowing there is only a fist full of guys in the world that can do that work correctly. Your an idiot to think you can do it all and be the best at it. So when I send something out to get done I expect it to be right and ready to go. I don't have the time to sit and do it all my self or the equiptment to figure out all the proper air flow.

A select couple of you think you got it all figured out on everthing. I've got more time on the shitter in the racing world than you have in the seat of a car.

If you think the drivers of these pro teams do the work them selves your an idiot. I treat my car in that same aspect. I do what I'm good at and know whats right and send the rest out to be built. And why not? I can afford to.

Sometimes you just get a part back thats not right, welcome to racing.

Especially a part thats still in the R/D phases. Which is where these cam combinations are still at. Even the guys at JUN performance that have new turbo cams to offer don't know the end results yet.

So go back to your mustang and order your shit from JEGS.

XBG

Last edited by xbgod; 01-26-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #60
xbgod
Banned

and lastly.........I do intend on getting into where the heart of the problem is with the Gude cams and or head. I don't mind spending money but with 1,600 just floating around yeah I want to know as well.

Just kind of dishearting when I put my other head back on and ...........WHAM everything is good to go and cylinder pressure is back to 170 vs. 55 across the board.

I'm not going to post things untill I've got them the way I want. Or untill I have a proof positive answer on the issue. Which on this Gude head looks to be a few issues, not just the cams.

XBG

P.S But in the end I still got my numbers. Like me or hate me I'm still ahead of you on this motor
Old 01-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #61
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Old 01-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #62
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Quote:
Go figure a MUSTANG guy. The retards of retards. The shear weight of your car is still to heavy at 3600 lb VS. 2000, my weight makes up for your hp.

And were not talking about v8's are we? I assume you think a 8.8 w/ Clips is better than a nine inch too?

I've been dealing with 10.5 mustang tire class NHRA for years. You guys aren't the sharpest tools in the shead. Thank god for chevrolet guys.

Guy's who buy Mustangs are guys that can't build. Talk about bought not built. Your parts are right on a shelf that someone else has already R&D. WOW. "Let me get in line with the sheep"

And my crank trigger is external, like a drag car. The 1nz-fe is internal for stock applications.

To say I know everyting about everything, Yeah..that would be bullshit. Which is why you sub things out to people that do that specific parts for a living. That would be like saying a Pro-stock guy is a dumb ass because he dosen't do his own head work. Knowing there is only a fist full of guys in the world that can do that work correctly. Your an idiot to think you can do it all and be the best at it. So when I send something out to get done I expect it to be right and ready to go. I don't have the time to sit and do it all my self or the equiptment to figure out all the proper air flow.

A select couple of you think you got it all figured out on everthing. I've got more time on the shitter in the racing world than you have in the seat of a car.

If you think the drivers of these pro teams do the work them selves your an idiot. I treat my car in that same aspect. I do what I'm good at and know whats right and send the rest out to be built. And why not? I can afford to.

Sometimes you just get a part back thats not right, welcome to racing.

Especially a part thats still in the R/D phases. Which is where these cam combinations are still at. Even the guys at JUN performance that have new turbo cams to offer don't know the end results yet.

So go back to your mustang and order your shit from JEGS.

XBG

You notice throughout this whole thread I have not mentioned once what I drive or how much power I make because its irrelevant.
I don't drag race who cars which rear end is better its not going to help me get around a corner any faster is it.
If you must know my car weighs in a little over 3000 lbs because I drive it on the street and like to keep it as such does it matter no so not sure why your bringing that one up.

Now I've tried to keep things civil but your intent on not letting it be that way. All I've asked for is facts and time after time you do not provide them. I don't name drop because it doesn't matter who I know because those people are not me. If you want me to name drop I work with people who hold "world records" and have held them for decades in racing. I know people who have built Baja 1000 winners does that mean a god damn thing? No because I haven't done those things.
You are an idiot because you have never seen a race team up close "hint I work for one"

There is no reason to run a external crank trigger unless its required by whatever means of ecu your running so again it doesn't matter if its drag or not. Still not sure why you keep bringing that up.

Guess you have never heard of a cam grinder because hey there aren't loads of people out there that know how to grind cams gotta go back to <insert JDM shop name here> because you know only that one shop can design and build cams for every <insert JDM engine>. Guess the people with sebring prepped toyotas and scions had to do to "JUN" because nothing else was ever developed.

Not for once have I ever said I was the best at anything, all I have been asking for is why you keep saying
1. Wrong information
2. Lies
3. Stupid information
Give me a answer to any one of those and i'll be happy. I haven't once said anything bad about what you built only that certain things need to be fixed. You took that as an attack because I guess your used to that kind of thing. "hint if enough people question you at something there's probably a issue"

Btw tell me this why would you release titanium cam gears when the motor will never be able to rev to rpms that require it. Who the fuck is going to buy expensive engine parts when they cant be used. How many idiots will spend thousands of dollars on a 1nz for no performance gain. Well aside from you.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #63
xbgod
Banned

A race team up close are you serious? We obviously do different racing. Go ahead call NHRA get Jeff Mortan on the phone and drop my name. Or get ahold of Skip Wallace over there. If you know these names then you know how high on the food chain they go.

And race teams, If you know anything about Mustang class then you know of Matt Scranton. Not to mention we, he holds the record for the first Import car to go over 200mph in th 1/4. We did that in the second pass of summit putting up 25,000 to the first pro rear wheel drive import car. I'm sure you seen the Turbonetics celica which then turned into the ride revolutions car as a solarus.

We can do this all day long guy. I lived from track to track for years. and trade show to trade show. So you can bet if I mention a name you can make a call and they know me.

I know drag racing thats what I do.

God I love you know it all's

XBG
Old 01-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #64
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
Back on topic, I just want to point out that I trusted Gude to spec my cams and head all on his own without any fancy engine math on my part or a specialized world class tuner, and my car runs great. Only issue was I had to mill a cam gear b/c I sent him the wrong one in the first place. You sure gude is the problem?

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
Old 01-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #65
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Then for the love of god, can I get some effing numbers!?!?! hahah

What do those things even run stock, anyway? I have no idea...

Edit: So far, closest to stock I can find is "1/4 Mile ET:16.854 1/4 Mile MPH:79.730" but the guy had axleback, CAI and underdrives.

Seems close...found a stock posting 16.9 at 79.

Last edited by H3LlIoN; 01-26-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #66
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I don't care how much you spend, nor what friends you name drop, nor what kind of car you driver for that matter. I would just like to see less defensive, off topic crap, and more factual data.
+1 gazoogle billion
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #67
xbgod
Banned

And if you had looked at previus posts you'd see I still haven't gotten to the bottom of the whole head issue.

And sure there are tons of cam grinders out there. Lets see could use Webb, Schneider and so fourth. I'm not really interested in regrinds any more. Hince why my buddy Brian isn't doing them for the 1nz-fe. And this is why JUN is a good choice for new ones.

As far as titanium cam gears go, it would be because I can make them on a CNC my self and have a one off item that is lighter than stock. I do things on this motor for me, not for someone else's benefit.

You get answers when I have all the correct ones. As it stands right now the cams are wrong and the valves are sticking. What else is fucked on this head I don't know without further inspection, which is what I said posts ago. My time is limited so you get information when I have the time to make it happen.

XBG
Old 01-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #68
xbgod
Banned

Yeah, I'm sure Gude is the problem. Just Google that name and a ton of bad shit comes up. Especially the poor honda guys.

Like I said before, my numbers are good enough for me and no one here has done better. So me taking my time from this point forward, well thats just what it is. I got the numbers so I got all day long to refine my head cam issues and then come forward with some new results at my convience. Not like anyone is barking at my heels right now with better power on this motor.

XBG
Old 01-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #69
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure Gude is the problem. Just Google that name and a ton of bad shit comes up. Especially the poor honda guys.
XBG

I don't need google...I have my own results to go on. I will say that the whole process had both good and bad points. I will concede that I probably wouldn't do it again, but that's because I am not planning on staying with the 1nz, and I've also found someone local that is willing to let me work hands on so that I can learn how to actually do the work, instead of just talking about it (which is all I currently can do.)

Quote:
Like I said before, my numbers are good enough for me and no one here has done better. So me taking my time from this point forward, well thats just what it is. I got the numbers so I got all day long to refine my head cam issues and then come forward with some new results at my convience. Not like anyone is barking at my heels right now with better power on this motor.

XBG
Hahah your days are numbered, Ichiman! You're only in the lead by 18hp.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #70
xbgod
Banned

Yeah..............

BUT I'm still in the lead.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #71
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
shwoo, Bueller must have relocated the Bitch, Rant, and Complain thread. Glad I found it.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #72
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Quote:
A race team up close are you serious? We obviously do different racing. Go ahead call NHRA get Jeff Mortan on the phone and drop my name. Or get ahold of Skip Wallace over there. If you know these names then you know how high on the food chain they go.

And race teams, If you know anything about Mustang class then you know of Matt Scranton. Not to mention we, he holds the record for the first Import car to go over 200mph in th 1/4. We did that in the second pass of summit putting up 25,000 to the first pro rear wheel drive import car. I'm sure you seen the Turbonetics celica which then turned into the ride revolutions car as a solarus.

We can do this all day long guy. I lived from track to track for years. and trade show to trade show. So you can bet if I mention a name you can make a call and they know me.

God I love you know it all's

XBG
Ok so you know people wow amazing. Does that mean anything no. I don't drag race I don't care about drag racing. I see you can google people nice work so how does that have anything to do with you. Again I dont care about drag racing so I don't care about drag cars. My life doesn't involve magazines.
So since your such a amazing internet drag racer what records do YOU hold?
Since your name should be so well known I missed the memo and don't know your name.

You keep skirting the issue and going off topic. You haven't explained anything.
Closed Thread