Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-23-2007, 02:54 AM   #1
Super_BQ

Drives: 2006 New Zealand Model
Talking Yaris from New Zealand model - some differences to Canadian RS Yaris model

I'm a new member and this is my 1st post to this Yaris forum. I would like to give you some details of the 2006 Yaris 5 door I bought for my wife. Compared to the N. American Yaris, i've noticed some differences to our Yaris.

Brief overview:

Price tag including taxes and all on road costs (license plate registration) was around $27,000 NZ ($22,500 CDN). I chose specific options which raised the price. But in comparison to prices in Canada, I think the car is considerably a lot less.

Looking at the current 2007 model Yaris RS model in Canada, list price after taxes is $22,469.70 CDN. However this is just the base RS model with no dealer options.

My Yaris Features & Options: Apart from being an automatic with 1.5 Litre size motor.

1) 15" Alloy wheels. Furthermore, I could not believe a full size spare tire on same alloy wheels - no space saver tire here.
2) Total of 9 air bags. Passengers in the back seat also have the added safty of airbags too.
3) Keyless Entry.
4) OEM fog lights
5) Digital Speedometer and Tachometer display - with trip meter and dimmer control and digital clock
6) A/C
7) CD player with MP3 support & remote controls on steering wheel - 4 speakers
8) Power windows (for both front and back windows) and central locks
9) 5 way adjustable driver sport seats
10) Power side view mirrors on both sides.
11) Complementary can of touch up paint.
Dealer O`ptions:
12) Genuine Yaris Floor mats
13) Stone deflector guard on both the front metal hood and the front plastic bumper.
14) Side window rain shield for both driver and passenger sides. Best option as it stops the water from dripping in when the window is open on a rainy day.
15) Mud flaps on the front wheels.

The only feature that the RS model has that is not available in the NZ model is the rear heater vent and 6 Disc CD changer.

I was surprised to see A/C, power windows, and keyless entry as an option on the Canadian RS model. I'm sure if you add these features alone, that would add an easy $3-4000 to the price tag?

What I miss is the digital outside temperature display and mpg / 100kms/l fuel read outs. I've noticed on the digital display just below the digital clock there are segmented LED spots to show this option. However, no one has been able to make these function or been able to source an add-on computer module to make this function work. Has anyone confirmed that this cluster is fully functional in another country? I've seen in the UK they got the temperature option in the cluster.

I've noticed in Canada there is this option but only on the rear view mirror. Perhaps this is a dealer option and not a genuine factory Toyota option (which should be on the digital cluster display).

BQ
Super_BQ is offline   Reply With Quote