Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Willing to Buy by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Rav4 Trans

Any toyota guys out there. Need a Transmission for a 2002 Rav4 2wd automatic.

checked with LKQ and local junkyards around my area and nobody has any rav4's on the lots. I do not want to spend more than $500 on a trans, thats including shipping. Anything less than 100k miles I will be happy with. Current trans has over 200k miles.

If someone know a thing about auto transmissions this is the current issue:

During acceleration from a stop, will not shift to 2nd during acceleration until foot is lifted off the accelerator. Once its in 2nd, a second later it will shift back into 1st until you tap the accelerator again. Shifts fine afterwards in all other gears. Happens every time it comes to a stop and proceeds to accelerate.

Thought it could be shift solenoids but with the miles I figured its time for a better trans

let me know if there are any in your area and what the shipping cost would be or link/pm the phone number and I will call personally.

thanks
Old 07-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
racerb

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB Blazin' Blue
Check with www.capefearpicknpull.com they were listing a 2000 Rav4 in stock last I checked. I may be going out there later this week, I'll see if the tranny is still in it for you!

racerb
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Thanks. I think that would be a different trans. They list the rav4 trans from 01-03 and 04-05 separately. Don't know why though. Its the same motor. Maybe wiring different...