Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-20-2018, 11:10 AM   #1
TealToyota

Drives: 2012 Yaris LE 5 door hatchback
Looking for suggestions!

Hi,
Please give me some advice on how to take care of my new car! I just bought a 2012 Yaris LE 5 door hatchback with 66,000 miles....without really thinking it through. My old car (2000 subaru outback) was falling apart (278,000 miles), and my boss offered to cosign on a loan...he drove me 4 hours to the city, and we bought the first car we looked at.

I LOVE my new car. But I live in the middle of nowhere in Colorado and have to drive often on bumpy/gravel roads. Returning or selling the car is not really an option- I think my boss would be offended. This is the nicest car I've ever had! How can I keep it that way? Are there tire/shock/strut upgrades I can have done to make it last longer? How often should I get alignment/other things checked? What do you suggest? Thanks for your time and help
TealToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:24 PM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Alignment is unnecessary unless the car is in an accident or you had a bad pothole. If you’re driving on dirt roads you want to change the air filter more often than the record 30,000 miles. Basically you change your oil every 5000 miles , And rotate the tires at the same time.